Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my new Vaquero this weekend. What’s the best windshield to put on this bike. I like the Windvest. What does everyone think about the windvest vs the klock werks? Look forward to your response!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I preferred the shape of the Windvest, but wanted one a little taller than what they can provide. So I bought a 12" one to fit a Street Glide, and cut the two tabs off the bottom of it for a straight edge. Two extra holes needed drilling.

Here's a picture of it on the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey, I personally like a tall windshield 16" min mainly because all of the bugs here in Louisiana but if you live somewhere where the bugs aren't as bad the shorter windshields look better

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have the 16" SlipStreamer. I like it a lot for wind protection (and I like the price) but while sitting on the stock seat, the top edge of the windshield is right in my line of sight which is slightly annoying when looking further out ahead such as on faster back roads and highway. On my Mustang seat which drops we down ever so slightly and this isn't a problem. I tend to use the stock seat in the winter when there is salt and other grime on the roads and switch to the Mustang seat for the remainder of the year (I paid enough for that thing, I want to keep it looking half decent).

Anyways, I've been thinking about going with the SlipStreamer 13" and adding a windshield spoiler to smooth out the air flow. Anyone have experience with one of those? Peg, I like the Street Glide shield, do those come in clear? Does the recurve actually help in reducing buffeting despite a lower shield height?

Don't mean to hijack the thread but windshield advice/experience is helpful because you can never tell if your purchase is going to work out until its no longer returnable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I too just bought a Vaquero, Tuesday. I never had a bike with a windshield or fairing. I would think that the shield that is on it, as standard, would direct the wind a little higher up on me, preferably my forehead. I'm 6 foot and the wind hits me right about my nose. I tried shifting around and ducking down a bit, using my hand as an extension to the windshield. I think I need one about 3 to 4 inches taller. So I ordered a WindVest 8 " in black this morning.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I too just bought a Vaquero, Tuesday. I never had a bike with a windshield or fairing. I would think that the shield that is on it, as standard, would direct the wind a little higher up on me, preferably my forehead. I'm 6 foot and the wind hits me right about my nose. I tried shifting around and ducking down a bit, using my hand as an extension to the windshield. I think I need one about 3 to 4 inches taller. So I ordered a WindVest 8 " in black this morning.
Hi. I’m six feet tall, too, and I have a 2016 Vaquero with the stock seat. I tried a 16” Kawasaki windshield but for me I thought it was too high and I couldn’t see over it completely, so I went with a 14”. I get a lot of protection, not too much wind buffering, and I can see over it no problem. And it helps makes the stereo sound louder. It looks good on the bike and it’s easy to install and keep clean.

It got hit with a rock or pebble at the end of last season while I was cruising on the highway. I was bummed because it left a dime sized ding in the center of the windshield, but I guess I should be thankful that it took the impact, instead of my teeth or eyes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I pick up my new Vaquero this weekend. What’s the best windshield to put on this bike. I like the Windvest. What does everyone think about the windvest vs the klock werks? Look forward to your response!
I have a lite tinted 14" Clearview sheild w a. Vent. Works great!!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a lite tinted 14" Clearview sheild w a. Vent. Works great!!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
I have the tinted 14" Clearview with vent as well...love it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got a 16 inch Slipstreamer the first year of my Voyager ownership. It was better for me than the 18 inch OEM screen, but like someone said earlier the top of it was just too close to my line of sight looking forward. So a few weeks ago, a new OEM Kawasaki 14 inch screen came up on Amazon for $51. I snapped it right up. I really like it after a few rides. It seems about level with my upper lip just below tip of my nose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the 14" vented ClearView shield on mine. I'm 5'10 with about a 30" inseam and it works great for me. Also, I called them about some blemished shields and I got 15% off the one I had. I can't even find the blemish on it. They said they had another one, the blemish was in the center of the shield, that they could give 20%-25% off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts