Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone discovered a taller windshield for the Classic LT 1700? I'm good till about 65 mph, get bounced all over past that. The stock shield is up as far as it will go. I'm 6'1"
Thanks for your inputtt

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm 6'2" and would get bounced around on my Nomad too, even with the windshield at max height. I made over-sized lowers based on another member's template, and now I hardly feel a thing. They are great!! If you're interested, I'll find the template that was emailed to me and forward it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I think I would like to check it out. (Been away for awhile.)
Please forward at your convenience
Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
This is the company I buy my windshields from. I'm very happy with them.

7JuRock - KAWASAKI VULCAN 1700 CLASSIC LT 2009-UP WINDSHIELD
Before you get a whole new windscreen, the larger 7jurock replacement lowers panels are highly recommended. To mount them, though, you will still need the standard lowers from a Nomad which will bolt right up to the stock Classic LT Windscreen mounts.

I am 6'-1" and had no buffeting with the combination of the stock Classic LT Windscreen, Nomad Lowers with 7jurock lowers panels, and that was with the top edge of the windscreen at nose level. The key is the lowers, not the windscreen height.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Carguy,

That looks like my Template. Still have them on my bike, and I also recall a big reduction in buffeting after I put em on.

Chuckster's has nice oversized lowers. I made my own because I wanted a particular look, but I'm sure Chuckster's are great (just like his light bar, which I have in my bike).

Happy and safe riding,
Dan

·
Registered
315 Posts
Carguy,

That looks like my Template. Still have them on my bike, and I also recall a big reduction in buffeting after I put em on.

Chuckster's has nice oversized lowers. I made my own because I wanted a particular look, but I'm sure Chuckster's are great (just like his light bar, which I have in my bike).

Happy and safe riding,
Dan
You have a good memory, VulcanDan. You sent me that template early last year and I absolutely love the lowers I made from it!!! In fact, they're so effective I ride with my faceshield up a notch just to get some more air flow to my face. Great problem to have! I've been trying to find the template you sent to share with this thread, but can't find it. Maybe you can send it to him????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hopeful of template

You have a good memory, VulcanDan. You sent me that template early last year and I absolutely love the lowers I made from it!!! In fact, they're so effective I ride with my faceshield up a notch just to get some more air flow to my face. Great problem to have! I've been trying to find the template you sent to share with this thread, but can't find it. Maybe you can send it to him????
G'day, I know it seems a little cheeky but as I have a similar problem would it be possible to get this template as well?:grin2:

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Guys, happy to send the template. Need your emails, as it's too big to post as a pic.

Happy and safe riding,
Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts