Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 2000 CL LT and the windshield has tiny scratches covering it. Does anyone know how to fix it ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 06 2000 CL LT and the windshield has tiny scratches covering it. Does anyone know how to fix it ?
You can try the Novus stuff, 3 steps. I tried it once years ago on my Nomad shield with some medium scratches. I was dissapointed. I have been thinking about it again though for some small scratches on my Memphis Shades & Cee Bailey's windshields.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Novus-Polish-Plastic-Scratch-Remover/dp/B000J41VDM[/ame]

Herb

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have heard of people using a propane torch to heal scratches. You have to really be careful cause the difference in healing and melting is very small.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Windshield Lowers and Engine Guard wanted

Hi there

I'm wondering if somebody has windshield lowers and or an engine guard flying around. I like to buy these stuff.
I have a 2005 Vulcan 2000.

Many thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
My factory windshield was torn up by paper towels from the previous owner. The factory shield is coated plexiglass. That means that anything you do to remove the scratches by "leveling the surface" will only grind or burn off more of the coating. The result will be fruitless. My bike is a 2006 2000 LT, when I removed the shield from my fancy chromed vulcan mounts, I realized that the cheap plexiglass was only being held in shape by the mounting hardware. After a great amount of research, I decided on a new shield from "Rifle Windshields". I had to wait a few weeks until they made a run for my bike, but it was totally worth it. These shields are custom molded to shape using aircraft grade acrylic material, the ogive will match your factory hardware curve perfectly as well as the predrilled holes being perfect. It is 4 inches wider and a lot thicker than stock, gin clear and you can order any heighth you want. My shield is awesome and if you do happen to scratch it, it can be buffed out to clear again because it is solid acrylic, not some cheap coating over flimsaglass. I ordered a standard lower than factory size for around $200.00, custom cuts are $30.00 xtra.
My brother has the same bike and his factory windshield is like new, every time we go riding he cries around about wishing he had a shield like mine!!! I'm waiting for him to run some 60 grit over his so that he can say "OOPS" guess I'm goin-a have to get me one of them their Rifle shields now!! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts