Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty everyone i'm incredibly new to this forum so i ask for your help. This is a picture of my 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom, I do a lot of distance riding so I wanted to get a windshield and a saddlebag set but without breaking the bank and still keeping my bike looking good.. Suggestions?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I got the Memphis Shades sport shades. It has a quich release bracket and it is not as big and bulky as the shields you see on classics. It keeps allot of wind off of you as well as bugs. They have a few different sizes in the sport shield line.

Not a good picture, but it gives you an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I highly recommend the Memphis shades system. It is really handy to take the shield off and clean it when you don't have time to wash the entire bike. I have the "Fats" shield which does nothing for looks but since the entire surface gets bug spattered, I figure that is a good trade off to those bugs being on me. The angle of the shield is adjustable but again the uglier look (more upright) seems to be more effective.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i've found some great deals, i guess i just dont know the stock headlight size either a 7 or a 9...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Memphis Fats

I ran two seasons with the cafe shield but got tired of cleaning the bugs off the face shield. I went with the Memphis Fats 21" and home made lowers. Much better for long trips now.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm looking at the Memphis shade bit shot sportshield, with the trigger lock release, so it's gunna run me about $230 for the shield and the brackets

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have been pleased with the OEM windshield that came on my 900 LT. Imho it looks much better than the aftermarket units. I am 5'9" and currently have the short screen.

You also may wish to consider lowers as you will likely find lowers are highly desirable if not necessary with a windshield.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just installed the alley cat last night, looks fantastic on my se, haven't driven with it yet but I am expecting great results

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i found a Memphis Fats 21" with black fade, 10" headlight cut out... with the mounting brackets. I think i'll just use those brackets for now until i get the quick release ones.. Gotta wait for the seller to reply to my offer and hopefully we can make a deal, I'll post pictures once it's mounted along with my bag set

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed the Memphis Fats 19" and quick release hardware on my Nine last week. The catalog says to use the 9" cutout which I did. There is a little up/down adjustment but not much. I'm 5'11" and have it all the way up. I really like it so far. I'm going on a shop ride of about 400 miles this weekend so i'll really get to see how it does. The only thing that bugs me is that the quick release hardware seems to set the windshield out close to the front of the headlight. It looks like I'll have problems if I want to add a light bar with some spots later on.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I found out today that my switchblade 2-up windshield is not available for my 2009 900 classic. So I went to my dealer and asked them how they installed it. they ordered the hardware kit for a vtx1300r or s. part#70-q205...The clamps are big enough to go around the chrome shock guards.....

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
My brother has the Demon on his 900 Custom. It looks and performs well for him.

I went with a Memphis Fats 21" on my Custom. I used the Cafe shield for two years and although it looks good and takes pressure off the chest, it does not get the wind off the helmet. I like the Memphis Fats although I did have to make some home made lowers to eliminate the buffeting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
memphis shades.

ok looks like im going with the memphis shades fats 21". where is the best place to buy? most places dont include mounting hardware is that normal?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts