Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

windshield on customs

7K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Crispin78 
#1 ·
does anyone have any pictures they'd like to share.

I'm thinking about a windshield, but looks are more important.
thinking it might be nice to have somethign to cut the wind just a little when I do hit a highway on occassion

Thanks

#5 ·
i have just brought the same shield as yourself with the trigger lock mounting system,should arrive within 7 to 10 days,the import tax has cost me nearly the same price as the shield,you have so much choice and so many dealers in the usa to chose from,here in england if you can find
any dealers who stock custom parts the prices are double what you pay,but i do like the look of your screen

#7 ·
Memphis shades batwing ....

#8 · (Edited)
I went for Slipstreamer SS-20-T Windshield
Good looks, blocks wind off the chest, does some buffeting and requires a full face helmet but then makes it all good.
$150 or so on Amazon. I am selling a brand new one for $100+actual shipping. PM me if interested.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
We reckon it does make a difference in that it is less fatiguing on long rides, particularly with helmet buffeting compared to 'naked' riding.

My 1800 has a 2-up for touring (the swap is simple). As a comparison, the deflector probably affects the raw wind 25% compared to the 2-ups 80%.

Depends on what you are after. The bikes in the pics above were taken during 18hrs of riding over 2 days. The 2-up would have been more comfortable certainly, but I was perfectly ok with performance of the better looking option :)

#15 ·
Has anyone considered the Kawasaki OEM touring windshield? I had it installed when I purchased my bike. I like it as its not too big, but it does cut the wind way down. View looking down the windshield is at my eye level. I am 6'3".

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Spoke
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories
Vehicle Car Tree Road Vintage car

#16 ·
I don't have a pic, but I just fitted an MRA Road Classic. Never heard of them until Google found them in a HD forum. Very small, bigger than a flyscreen (just) and was cheaper than anything by National Cycle. It has just enough deflection to soften multi-day rides and is pretty low key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.