Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody has come across a good price on the logo to go on the windshield. Mine has no logo, and I would like to get one. Or maybe somebody have a shield that got damaged and the logo is still ok.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you're referring to the Vulcan medallion that comes on the LT, you can occasionally find them on Ebay. As for a good price, I haven't seen any that I thought were reasonable. I can't remember the exact price for a replacement from Kaw, but IMO it's way too expensive for what you get.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I see they're $56.95 on the Kaw Accessories Website but Kawasaki-Sickness Ebay store has them for $43.69 (+ $8.95 shipping). See here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I see they're $56.95 on the Kaw Accessories Website but Kawasaki-Sickness Ebay store has them for $43.69 (+ $8.95 shipping). See here.

pretty cool ebay store. Thanks for sharing. I guess that windshield emblem encompasses the whole metal chrome strip eh? I got the Kawasaki backrest and luggage rack but would like a vulcan medallion to glue or drill onto the back of the backrest. It's just begging for one.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sissybar Backrest Upgrade

Thanks Jace, appreciate the tip, sorry I don't have the Cobra style for you. Is the Cobra you have shorter than stock OEM for the Classic/LT. How popular is the Cobra over OEM, any idea?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jace, appreciate the tip, sorry I don't have the Cobra style for you. Is the Cobra you have shorter than stock OEM for the Classic/LT. How popular is the Cobra over OEM, any idea?
I am not really sure if it is shorter or not. Like we discussed in our PM earlier last month it is a different shape. It looks pretty close in height from looking at pics. Mine is totally not one of the shorties that Cobra makes.

As far as popularity, I have no idea. The Cobra are about $150 cheaper if you paid MSRP from both manufactures.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I removed the logo from the windshield on my LT, didn't care for the look of it when I bought the bike used (6700 miles) . I was surprised that the badge is just a piece of molded plastic, not really very substantial at all. When I saw it for $50+ on the Kaw website when I decided I wouldn't attached it to my garage wall with drywall screw through the badge. :D

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
cheapcycleparts.com has schematics, part numbers and prices for all vn models, i ordered the vulcan "V" for my trailer, it is plastic, comes loaded with 2 sided tape on it, its under decals or cowling, depending what your after.... see pic, link attached Good luck, Maurice

http://www.vulcanforums.com/gallery/data/500/medium/various_112.jpg

By the way windshield logo ... 2 parts, backrest logo 2 parts, its all in the schematic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts