Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to look at windshields for a Vulcan 900 Custom. I'm 5'5" and want to get the proper shield to be able to look over. I am thinking the shield should come up to the bridge of my nose. Does anyone know the correct shield height to match this? I am thinking a 17" maybe 16".

I was looking at a Memphis Shades Pop Top or Speed Demon, but they only come in one size each, 16" or 18". Does anyone have one of these, and if so how do you like it? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Memphis Shades Fats

I assume you have a 900 classic. I have a 900 custom and I'm 6'2" and my windshield is 17", I look over the top not through windshield. I don't know if the classics have same seat height, but I would guess you'd be looking at something between 13-15". I think if you try to get height near the bridge of your nose your going to be looking at the edge of the winshield, depending on how far out you are looking. The top of my windshield is between the top of my lips and bottom of my nose. The wind goes over my helmet so this is a good height for me. If you get windshield to low you will be getting wind blasts blowing your helmet around causing fatigue on a long rides. You can see my bikes windshield in the photo gallery.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have had 2 different shields. I am 5'11" tall and have a mustang seat. I currently have a memphis shields big shot. It works great for my height. I did have a 17" tall Kawa OEM shield. It was a bit too short. I would like to sell it if you are looking. With your height, it would work great and is easy to install.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I must of been half asleep last night, I didn't notice you had a custom right in the first sentence, duh.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Side view. I can send some others if you like.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
You should stop by a dealer or bike shop, most have a pre measured windshield, you can sit on the bike and look at the lines that are marked on the windshield.

I would pick one that is nose height--- if you get one and can't lower it enough, windshields can also be cut down by a glass shop.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dont want a big windshield, I want a little tiny sporty one and am wondering if its enought to just keep some of the bugs from hitting you or is it not even worth having one??? I have seen like an 8-12 inch one, thats what I am talking about..

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had a 17" Memphis Fats on my bike and got buffetting so bad I thought my head was going to rattle off. I went to the tallest they offered ?21" ?22" and it was better, then I added lowers and it was perfect. Mind you I'm pretty tall at 6'4.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts