Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a couple batwing fairings to put on my 1600 classic. I like the reckless fairing but it says you have to have the nomad windshield brackets. I have the OEM windshield on my classic already, does anyone know if the classic brackets are the same as the nomad brackets?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been looking at a couple batwing fairings to put on my 1600 classic. I like the reckless fairing but it says you have to have the nomad windshield brackets. I have the OEM windshield on my classic already, does anyone know if the classic brackets are the same as the nomad brackets?
I looked into this about a year ago, I believe the brackets are the same, or close enough that they can be easily adapted. I remember someone saying they had to fab a small L bracket.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I put a Reckless knock off on my 1500 Nomad. I had issues with the bracket supplied and ended up going to a machine shop and having slightly larger brackets made . the increase size wa to change the holes into slots, This allowed greatly improved mounting and the tunnel doesn't hit the headlight. plus I cant just slide the batwing up an inch to adjust the light or change the bulb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts