Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the windshield bolts on my 2014 Vulcan 1700 Nomad ABS is broken; I bought the bike used 2 years ago and I think it was broken then, I just didn't notice it. (For what it's worth, the windshield bolts on it look the same as those on the windshield on my 1999 Vulcan 1500 Drifter.) Does anyone know where to get replacements? The bolt head is visible looking from in front of the bike, and it has a rounded head with a hexagonal hole in the center for an Allen wrench. The nut is visible from the rider's seat, and it's an acorn nut. There is also a washer on the back, with the nut. Everything is chromed.

I could go to the local hardware store (which I will try tomorrow), but I doubt that they will have an EXACT match. And of course they may have a replacement that's "good enough". Or I may just buy enough of whatever the hardware store has to replace ALL of them (so they all look the same). But I'd prefer to get an exact duplicate.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I needed to replace a broken one a few years ago. I got the replacement from a Kawi dealer no problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check again with my Kawi dealer-- I asked, they suggested a hardware store. Or maybe I should check with a DIFFERENT Kawi dealer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can also try online. The part number for the bolt is 92151-1751. It's a 6X16 metric. The washer is part number 92200-3775. Revzilla, etc has the bolt for about $2.00 and the washer for about $1.50. Plus shipping, I'm sure. Maybe the part numbers will help you with your dealer.

·
Premium Member
2003 Nomad Maroon/beige and 2003 Nomad Black
73 Posts
I'll have to check again with my Kawi dealer-- I asked, they suggested a hardware store. Or maybe I should check with a DIFFERENT Kawi dealer.
Here is a list of where that bolt is used.You can also order from here as well.92151-1751

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all this information. The parts list I accessed on Partzilla lists only one washer, but 3 different bolts (you told me which one I need, thank you very much), and 3 different cap nuts. So, does anyone know which cap nut I need, 92210-0220, 92210-1129, or 92210-1132? Armed with this information, I hope that I'll be able to get what I need from my dealer. Although CarGuy offered to send me what I need (what a guy!).

·
Premium Member
2003 Nomad Maroon/beige and 2003 Nomad Black
73 Posts
Thank you for all this information. The parts list I accessed on Partzilla lists only one washer, but 3 different bolts (you told me which one I need, thank you very much), and 3 different cap nuts. So, does anyone know which cap nut I need, 92210-0220, 92210-1129, or 92210-1132? Armed with this information, I hope that I'll be able to get what I need from my dealer. Although CarGuy offered to send me what I need (what a guy!).

92210-1129

1 - 8 of 8 Posts