Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got a 10" Windvest Recurve Windshield for my 2011 Vaquero and was wondering if any windshield bags out there fit this setup.

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Hi,

I just got a 10" Windvest Recurve Windshield for my 2011 Vaquero and was wondering if any windshield bags out there fit this setup.

Thanks,

Jerry
I got the exact same windshield, but don't think a windshield bag would be based on how it came in contact with the windshield, but with the contour of the upper dash it would set on. Have been looking for one that goes across the top of the dash and sits firmly down upon it, but not found any with our dash's contour that would fit and look good, thus far.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Put a medium Clearview recurve on today, and added a 3 pocket shield bag

What actually holds the bag in place? What brand is it?

Thanks
I used 5 pieces of automotive molding tape, we will see how it does. It doesn't have to actually fully support the weight of the pouch, because the dash does. It just has to hold it to the shield... The back of the pouch is covered with a felt to protect the shield, so that is the only thing I am a little concerned about holding, not sure how the tape will hold to the felt. But it feels relatively secure and this tape is STICKY, time will tell.

The pouch is Kuryakyn Three-Pouch Fairing Bag 4178...link below from Amazon. I found a new one on ebay for a few bucks less, think it was $47 shipped.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-Three-Pouch-Fairing-Bag-4178/dp/B004J00GII[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Looks good, looks like it sits down upon the top of the dash just right, that is what I have been looking for, think I will search for it on eBay and buy one.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i bought the same thing but havnt been able to make it secure it gets loose, with a clear sheild it looks like crap. so im thinking of painting the bottom half of the sheild black and drill holes in the sheild and use black bolts and rubber washers and bolt them on from inside the pockets , i think it would look cool , but will the sheild crack?

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
i bought the same thing but havnt been able to make it secure it gets loose, with a clear sheild it looks like crap. so im thinking of painting the bottom half of the sheild black and drill holes in the sheild and use black bolts and rubber washers and bolt them on from inside the pockets , i think it would look cool , but will the sheild crack?
If you're handy with metalwork, why not make a sheet metal bracket that would mount between the shield and the fairing, have it extend up high enough to secure whatever the bag uses for mounting?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts