Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for windshield bag but didn't come up with much info. Has anyone recently purchased a windshield bag for their Voyager? I'd prefer leather but would consider other options. Three bag combo is good or a couple of singles. Just need to make sure I get something that fits fairly well and is good quality. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I searched for windshield bag but didn't come up with much info. Has anyone recently purchased a windshield bag for their Voyager? I'd prefer leather but would consider other options. Three bag combo is good or a couple of singles. Just need to make sure I get something that fits fairly well and is good quality. Thanks.
Gosh Glenn looks like Gary nailed it just right for what you wanted.
I might be interested in that myself.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I will tell you that the black palastic backer used is not quite right for the Voyager windshield. I had to do some tweaking cutting to get it to grab windshield HW. I also had to use double sided automotive trim tap on the windshield to plastic backer. With the dark tinted rifle you can just barley see the tape.

In a perfoect worl you get some flexible plastic sheet in Black and over lay and extend the length of what comes on the TBAG.

Just want to make sure you know there are challenges with it.

I've had it on and off a few time now and it has been solid once the shape took a set.

gb

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Franks Leather Products

I ended up having a custom leather windshield bag made, after I returned another brand back to the supplier. Franks Leather Products did a great job and tried as hard as he could to get it exactly like I wanted it. Several emails and measurements later, it was completed and I installed it today. I still need to put some windshield tint on that will go above the level of the top of the bag. Frank said he will lower the mounting tab about an inch so it is not visible by the rider. If you're looking for a bag or other leather products, let Frank help you out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the small side but looks to be well made.
It is actually about 11" wide 4" tall and about 2 1/2" deep, plenty large enough for what I need. For those you that may be wondering, the cost of this one was $90. It's all good quality leather. I don't get any kickbacks but think it is a good product for the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts