Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic with a Kawasaki OEM quick release windshield that is 21" high. The wind noise is unbearable. After 2 trips of 10 hours each my ears ring loud for 2 days and I am wearing EAR PLUGS. No adjustment on this windshield. I have tried different helmets both full face and 1/2 helmets (no help). I have fabricated a piece of Lexan and attached it to the windshield with clamps to make it 2 1/2" higher (no help). The only thing that helped a tiny bit was to block the 1/2" opening above the headlight. Cannot use Kawasaki OEM lowers with this windshield. The noise really takes off at 55 mph and above. Makes me not want to ride. Any suggestions ???????????????

·
Registered
160 Posts
First thing to do is determine where the wind is coming from. Try holding your hand just in front of your chest, is the wind coming from below, if so lowers will probably fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Two consecutive TEN HOUR trips. I mean, the human body is amazing but anything short of wearing range ears (shooting range ear muff things), I feel like tinnitus is bound to happen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After market lowers mount to the front shock covers,should be low enough not to be effected by the windshield.When I put them on my 900 classic , it completly changed things for the better

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that looks like a great idea I will try it and if it works great is it doesn't I am not out much, thank you very much

1 - 13 of 13 Posts