Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my W&M solo seat in about 4 days ago, man this baby's sweet! I can't tell wether it lowers or raises me up at all, but it does give me an inch or two more to sit back wich is good because I am almost 6' tall and have a 33" inseam. I have noticed it has changed my riding position a bit, and has almost improved my riding posture. And I don't think its just in my head, I wasn't expecting anything much... It does seem more firm on the initial plop down on it, but after riding her a couple hundred miles over the past couple days I am yet to get sore, it just has a nice ride/feel to it! Your butt just sorta sinks in. I was pretty impressed... Now I have yet to take it on the all day tours but so far, big improvement over the stock seat, you can't beat the price, and the way this baby compliments the bike is awesome!:cool:

Look at how well it flows with the vulcans lines ^^

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really like that seat. I have GOT to do something about my stock seat. Its killing my butt. Do you or anyone else know if this seat will fit a Custom? I would like to replace my stock seat with a solo seat and put a fender luggage rack atop the rear, just behind the seat. A buddy has a Triumph with the same setup and it looks good and his seat is light years ahead of my VN.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will fit a Custom, said so in the directions, and came with 5 extra washers specifically for the Custom.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I've also been giving some serious thought to this seat. How is it width-wise? I think the stock seat is too wide... is the W&M about the same?

·
Registered
742 Posts
what other SOLO seats out there are comparable??

i want to go full solo and remove the back pegs so if anyone is looking for an embroidered vulcan seat from kawi that is on my custom now lemme know! :)

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
I put the Willie and Max solo seat on my 900 Classic. It looks great, but man oh man it is hard as rock. I only have about 25 miles on it so far, hope it breaks in...

I got it based on the great reviews that it got from different folks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the Saddleman Solo, perfect for me. I also have a 170 tire on the rear which raised the bike and the solo set lowered it enough to compensate. Very happy with the seat great back support.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
How long did it take for the comfortable to set in? Mine is hard as a rock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts