Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in a saddlemen solo-ish (built like the stock seat but with a deeper pocket) seat that came off a 2007 vulcan 900 classic...will it fit my 09 custom 900?

Anyone had experience with this seat or this company?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that when you order an aftermarket seat, the part numbers are the same for the Classic and the Custom. My new seat came with the little rubber bushings (for mounting on the Custom) that are glued to the bottom of the seat. I guess there's a slight gap difference in the frame between the two models, but my bushings didn't stay in place. I haven't noticed any issues without them, so I believe the two bikes are nearly identical in the seat area.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Yep, you'll need to shim it up somehow, either with included bushings, or with washers, etc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy said he bought it for his custom but it didn't fit because he has a britt rear fender...so if I use washers or if it has bushings already on it I should be ok? Is it a quality brand?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very quality brand. It's light-years above the stock seat in comfort and made from high-quality materials.

Should be OK with rubber nubs or washers, both cheap and easy to find at a hardware store.

Hope you get a good price. I've seen them go new between $195 - $245 for that seat new, around $120 used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts