Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cold idle solenoids, that is. ('05 1600 Nomad)

In looking at different methods for 'economical' intakes, some leave the cold idle solenoids in and some remove them. I ride in ND and cool weather but won't the 'choke' or 'enricher' take care of the cool weather riding?

I made a 9" filter attachement for my 1500 classic carbed, by cutting the metal base from the Spectre chrome set and epoxied it to the factory backing plate, using the outer 1/2 -3/4 inch for the filter to seat. That will be a little more difficult on the FI 1600 and all the stuff sitting on the backing plate but I think I can do it here.

I use a Wix 42152 paper element and it's inside diameter is a little less than the other 9" filters so need the room for that too. (We did a 4 day ride last fall with 1/2 of the time in the rain and together with an Outerwears 10-1656 full cover never had a wet filter.)

·
Registered
141 Posts
You won't miss them at all. I eliminated mine a few years ago when I did the chuckster intake. I live in Iowa so it has seen many cold start ups, no problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One thing you won't miss is the ticking those things make when you start up. That's one of the first things I took off my bike. That and the crossover tube when I added my New intake and filter .

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dropped a message to Chuckster's Customs asking about filters in his dual plate system.

My phone rang about 15 minutes later and I now have one of his kits on the way that I can hide under my factory dog bowl.

Can't beat customer service like that.
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts