Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2009 Vulcan Classic LT. A few months ago, I installed a Cobra Road Bar or crash bar. Now I'm wanting to order and install the Kaw OEM windshield lowers on the bike. I'm just wondering if the Cobra crash bar that I already installed will interfere with the lowers. Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I have homemade lowers that are 4.5" wide and they do not interfere with my Cobra highway bar. So, don't know if that helps you or not.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
They shouldn't! They aren't that close

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just from turning the front wheel all the way left or right, it looks like the fork comes pretty close to the crash bar. I guess that looks are deceiving when I don't really have the lowers here to look at. Sometimes it's hard to tell from a picture.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an '08 LT w/MC Enterprises engine guard and pegs. Lock to lock the home made lowers hit the guard. They only extend maybe two inches or so lower than the turn signal before interference. I use a piano hinge to enable the lower the swing out of the way when contact with guard is made. There are many ideas around here for home made lowers. It would be an easier job if not for the guard but I just don't want to give it up because I like the pegs to much.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I have Memphis shades lowers on my Classic, not sure of the brand of crash bar but they are close. Had to get them turned just right.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have a 2006 LT and have home made lowers, they do not interfere with the Crash bars, I have the oem crash bars for kawasaki, my lowers are home made, I also think mine are wider then oem lowers, here are some pics of mine

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Guess it all depends on how angled your lowers are as well...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ErnieC,

Thanks for the pics. They look nice. How good a job do they do at reducing the updraft that comes up over the tank and hits your chest? That is the main problem that I'm having. I haven't noticed any head/helmet buffeting. Just want to make a considerable reduction in that updraft that hits my chest.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
ErnieC,

Thanks for the pics. They look nice. How good a job do they do at reducing the updraft that comes up over the tank and hits your chest? That is the main problem that I'm having. I haven't noticed any head/helmet buffeting. Just want to make a considerable reduction in that updraft that hits my chest.

Thanks.
There is a big reduction, the only thing that flaps now are my sleeves, I can even wear a baseball cap and it will not blow off if I am behind the shield. It also makes it real quiet now , so I hear about every engine noise lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts