Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Vulcan Classic 1500 carbed. Will a 1999 Nomad passenger sissy bar fit on it? I can't find a pic of a Nomad without the hard bags installed to see if the fender rails are the same or not.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have a 2000 Vulcan Classic 1500 carbed. Will a 1999 Nomad passenger sissy bar fit on it? I can't find a pic of a Nomad without the hard bags installed to see if the fender rails are the same or not.
The nomad sissy bar is a round tube about 25mm diameter. it is squared off at the bottom ends to fit the mudguard, it is 21.5cm inside measurement on the bolt holes.It would need the side plates that bolt to the rails on the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I'm looking at has the side plates. I guess I need to know if the Nomad fender rails are straight, or curved like the 800 Classic, cause the side plates mount to the fender rails. Does anyone have a pic of their Nomad without the hardbags mounted? I can figure out the rest if I have a pic.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The one I'm looking at has the side plates. I guess I need to know if the Nomad fender rails are straight, or curved like the 800 Classic, cause the side plates mount to the fender rails. Does anyone have a pic of their Nomad without the hardbags mounted? I can figure out the rest if I have a pic.
The nomad has a wider back end than the classic. if you have flat side plates you might get them between the rails and the fender, but not the standard way. heres the best pic I have of my nomad brackets, you can see the fold in the plates.
The 1500 classic, 1500 nomad, and 800 all have straight side rails. The 1600 and 900's have curved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sunnybob. I let it go. It was a Fire and Steel backrest with luggage rack on ebay. It ended up going for $54, pretty good deal, but the bend in the plates looked like it might not fit on my bike. I have a cheaper backrest now that does not have the big bends like your pic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts