Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some mods on my 900 Custom and have always disliked the big gap between the rear fender and tire. Does anyone know if a Classic rear fender will fit? I realize they bolt up in the same place and the chrome trim pieces will fit, but the turn signal mounting area and the back part of the seat are different. I suppose I could just go to the dealer and look, but was wondering if anyone else has done this before. Thanks.

·
Registered
711 Posts
They fit as a direct bolt to the frame. The only thing you have to mess with is the tail and signals wires but a very simple thing to do. Check my avitar, that a custom with a classic fender.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent, that looks great on your bike. I see you have an aftermarket tail light so will the license plate bracket, tail light and turn signals from the custom work for the Classic fender? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the idea of putting a Classic rear fender on the Custom to get rid of the tire/fender gap. Guess putting on a set of saddlebags might help also.

·
Registered
711 Posts
rear fender

Excellent, that looks great on your bike. I see you have an aftermarket tail light so will the license plate bracket, tail light and turn signals from the custom work for the Classic fender? Thanks for your help.
Yep, in fact my rear fender looks pretty much like doughrek's. I too used the shorter turn signal lights so that looks better in my opinion. I also added the integrated LED tail light.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the idea of putting a Classic rear fender on the Custom to get rid of the tire/fender gap. Guess putting on a set of saddlebags might help also.
What gap? Are you talking about the gap after you remove the license plat mounting? If so, my plan is to lower the bike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What gap? Are you talking about the gap after you remove the license plat mounting? If so, my plan is to lower the bike.
JDLangdon - I'm talking about the gap you see between the rear tire and the fender when looking at the bike from the side, even with the license plate bracket on. It looks like a dirt bike to me. :)

I really like what Classtom and Doughrek have done with the Classic fender. I'm leaning that way I think, although Britt has some fenders that look pretty good. Decisions, decisions. :)

Doughrek - gorgeous bike.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Yea it fits, sorry I don't have many side pictures. Bags are covering up most of the fender..

Doughrek, What bags are those??? Amazing looking bike! I love it

·
Registered
7,620 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I love those bags but holy :poop: the price! Gonna be a while! :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts