Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2000 VN1500 Nomad FI with pretty low miles. My wife is not quite 5 feet tall. She has a blast the first 30 minutes of our rides but soon starts complaining, especially once we get to the fun roads, because her feet barely touch the floorboards and she can't maintain enough purchase to support herself once we start leaning into curves. It's especially bad for her when we hit rough pavement because every vibration goes straight up her spine.

I saw on Gadget's page a method of dropping the passenger floorboards a bit if you have a taller passenger but it didn't seem like it would work for my situation. I've been scouring the web trying to find a solution and can't seem to locate any sort of adapter that would offset and raise the stock floorboards, nor any aftermarket floorboard that gets the supporting surface closer to my rider's butt.

I wanted to read the mod on Gadget's page again today but it looks like his domain expired and his site is offline, at least temporarily.

I'd just mount something on top of the existing floorboards but then I couldn't fold them up out of the way, and in my particular situation I have no choice but to back the bike into my garage and since I end up pushing it around quite a bit every time I get it out that is unacceptable.

Do any readers here have ideas I can follow up on?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
See of you can get some mounting offsets to change the height. I found tons of them when I bought aftermarket floorboards for my 1500 classic passenger position.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PatC, I'd be much obliged if you could post a link to any one of those options. Like I said I've been looking EVERYWHERE and I haven't found a single thing that is a direct bolt on fit for the Nomad.

See of you can get some mounting offsets to change the height. I found tons of them when I bought aftermarket floorboards for my 1500 classic passenger position.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
Have you thought about getting a longer wife?????

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
What brand do you have. Kurakyn has some nice 2 inch offsets that might work for you
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/584/adjustable-lockable-offsets
They wont work on a nomad. Nomads have completely different mounting system than the classic.

Simplest way would be to make some brackets to convert the frame rest bolt holes, to a normal foot peg bracket.
Not VERY, simple, but the simplest option open.
Of course, '70's dico boots with goldfish in the soles could help as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts