Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
First I wanna thank all of you because I've learnd alot about my 9 from you guys. THANK YOU!

My 9 has been a great bike and will be missed but I've been wanting this 2012 1700 Vaquero for awhile now and my local Kawi dealer had it list for $13900 winter sale, and the wife said lets go take a look and we were off to the dealer to trade the 9 in.

I added a quick release backrest in on the loan and all together out the door was about $12500 + they gave me a $500 in house credit on anything I wanted so I got on order passanger floorboards and a luggage rack and after riding it home today in 46 degree weather i'm thinking I'm ganna need to order a taller windshield cause i'm use to my Classic LT windshield. Atleast I think I got a killer deal that I couldn't pass up.

For those that need pics for proof...here they are

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I'm having problems loading the pics sorry!

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Nice bike. I like the 2012 over the 2013, mainly due to the seat changes that seem to have been made. The 2013 pushs you more forward and on to the tank. It was not comfortable. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Nice lookin skoot!

Once you get that windshield you are going to love the 1700!

Scott

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Good luck with your new Ride!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very nice! Local dealer here has a similar deal going and I'm thinking about trading in my candy lime green 900 Custom on the candy lime green and black Vaquero. I'd add the same components as you did (passenger backrest and taller windshield) to make it a bit more touring friendly. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
That thing looks great. The more I see the green/black combo, the more I like it. Now go put some miles on it and tell us what you think!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I realy like your bike. It looks the same color as my 08 custom. Im wanting to upgrade to the same bike, same color as you got. I guess I need to go to the local dealer an see what kind of deals they have going on. Nice bike

·
Registered
346 Posts
wow....nice looking bike, i love those intergraded speaker system.....look so much better than mine. and those one piece looking saddlebags...... looks really sleak. i guess i dont need to wish you marry xmas, you already are....lol
its way too big for me for 1700....900 is good....

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

I just got back from only a 40 mile ride because it get cold when the sun goes down.
Now to give you guys a little review on what I think about it, the bike is amazing! I thought it rode nice and than I checked the air in the shocks and relized there wasn't any, so I only put about 8 lbs of air because I still need to read up on it and find out whats allowed, with just 8 lbs made it smooth as a babies ass over the bumps.
As far as how it handles, really nice and I think it will handle better than that once I change from the crappy Dulops.
I will be going to the dealer by Monday and ordering I think a 12" windshield for it, for one I don't like that much wind in my face and two I think with a bigger shield you'll be able to hear the music alot better after 55 mph.
As far as the power, beleave me she has plenty to offer and thats why I decided to leave this all stock even the pipes because I have tunes now.

Oh yeah...And like the 9, the seat sucks and I will be installing a Mustang touring seat before spring for mama and I, because if she's not happy there no way in hell she's gonna let me be happy. lol!

Today I was like a kid with a new toy and had to play with all the controls, I'm surprised I didnt run off the road, thats the hardest thing about riding it is learning all the controls and what does what.

With all that said, if it is what you want and have a chance pick one up for a good deal than go for it. You won't be disappointed!
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow! What a nice looking bike...
Glad to hear all the good points about it. I think you need to look for some heated gear so your wait for Spring won't be so long. Best of luck, I hope you have many fun filed miles.

Ron M

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow! What a nice looking bike...
Glad to hear all the good points about it. I think you need to look for some heated gear so your wait for Spring won't be so long. Best of luck, I hope you have many fun filed miles.

Ron M
Thanks Ron, Yes it's gonna be the longest winter ever for me. I looked into heated gear for I and the wife, WOW! That stuff isn't cheap. Like I said it's gonna be a long winter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Love the color and love that bike. My only concern is that your gas mileage will take a major dent compared to the V900.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Love the color and love that bike. My only concern is that your gas mileage will take a major dent compared to the V900.
Yeah, diehard, let us know what mileage you are getting with your new beast. But those few $$ extra are probably more than worth the feeling I can only imagine you will get from riding her...

This thing calls for a REALLY long ride and for enjoying every mile of it.

Congrats -- you are in a different league now.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its in the 40's here so I don't get out to far, I really won't know the mpg until spring. I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.7 Hemi so I never really cared what kind a mpg I got on my 900. If I can get around 35 mpg I'll be happy with that, one thing that's nice is it tell me the miles I have left to go on the tank and it tells me what gear i'm in. This bike is just amazing to ride!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts