Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a pony made in Michigan by Ford!

Will take some pics tomorrow when the sun is out but here's a "parting shot" of the cool/cheesy "pony projection lamps" where it projects the pony logo next to the car when parked.

Traded in her aging Taurus on a 2014 White Mustang V6 Premium Convertible! 30mpg AND 305 horsepower! The V6 has a bad rap but they got it right this time I think; it's an excellent option for a daily driver.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Bah, people have called the Mustang a "pony" or "pony car" for decades.

Sweet ride man. Hope she likes it!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bah, people have called the Mustang a "pony" or "pony car" for decades.

Sweet ride man. Hope she likes it!
Yeah that was the 'pun'. It's the original "pony car". It's also the very last of the body style meant to look like the 60's Mustangs (and it kind of has that feel driving it); the 2015 model is an all new body style.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had it parked in front of my moms house (naturally she wanted to see it); snapped a couple pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And one more with the top up sitting outside of Subway;

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
that's a sweet ride Romans ... very nice.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice looking ride and finally something with half way decent mpg.

However, and this is just my opinion, Ford had mustangs in the past that started looking like a mitzubishi style car and this year is getting to look more and more like that again. Keep the styling the same, keep it looking like a Mustang of say two years ago... all those soft curves and rounding of everything just doesn't cut it when you think of mustang...

But then again, the bumpers of old are all long gone and now it is just a piece of plastic...

Do you mind me asking, how much that set you back? $30k plus?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice car. The term pony refers to the V6, with a V8 it would be a stallion - :)
Well "Pony" here refers to the Mustang in general; the original "Pony Car"

This new V6 is pretty great though. 31mpg and it actually has more horsepower than the previous generation (2005-2011) GT. Unlike previous V6 mustangs; it's certainly no slouch. Sub 6 second 0-60 is possible and it really does throw you back in the seat. Even if it's a V6; it's still 305 horsepower. For a daily driver; the V6 really is an excellent option.

Nice looking ride and finally something with half way decent mpg.

However, and this is just my opinion, Ford had mustangs in the past that started looking like a mitzubishi style car and this year is getting to look more and more like that again. Keep the styling the same, keep it looking like a Mustang of say two years ago... all those soft curves and rounding of everything just doesn't cut it when you think of mustang...

But then again, the bumpers of old are all long gone and now it is just a piece of plastic...

Do you mind me asking, how much that set you back? $30k plus?

That's why I like this body style (It's a '14, not a '15 with the new fusion-style front end).

Actually we did pretty good on price. MSRP on that model is $37k but with the 2015's coming out here in a couple of months; you can get into them under $30k.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts