Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 1/2 weeks ago I had a spill...slid along the roadway for about 70 feet...mostly on the left side. I managed to scuff up badly the front fender, the left engine cover (over the pulley) and managed to dent the h3ll out of my tank. Well to make a long story short, I found on ebay, a new tank which I got for 130 buck...a new tank from Bikebandit and others is 700 and I got a used front fender for 80 bills. The only problem is that they are the blue/silver paint and I had the white/titanium paint. I talked to a painter and to get the 3 pieces (front. rear and tank) painted was goint to cost 450. I bought a new blue/silver rear fender doe 290....I have the chrome side covers so those didn't need to be painted. Now I am just waiting for my new rear fender to arrive....oh and all was paid for by the little green lizard guy.

So, for those of you that wish your bike was another color...watch on ebay for the parts you need...

Toymaker

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pretty interesting way to switch colors.... I think the Smart car is 'designed' to be that way, change the body panels with your mood! (Side note: How would someone in a tiny apartment in the city where those cars would be useful have room for a bunch of fenders? Hmmm..... blue fenders, red fenders, yellow fenders, or leopard print fenders....)

sucks about your asphalt slide.... what were the circumstances behind it? Was there a way that it could have been avoided?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
657 Posts
So how about posting a pic or two of your new color scheme????

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To answer the first question. Shoot, I am not really sure WHAT happened. I was riding along about 30 mph on the straightaway and next thing I know I'm sliding under my bike along the road. The wifey says she thinks I hit an oil patch from another dumped bike, but I didn't see anything on the road. The road was partially in shade and partially in sun (about 6:30 pm) so I could have easily missed something and apparently did.

As for pictures, I'm still waiting on the new rear fender from Ron Ayers to arrive, but as soon as I change it out, I'll be snapping that shutter.

T

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Glad it was a lower speed and that everything wasn't worse!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts