Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on this forum that a few riders have replaced their rear tire with a wider 240/50/16 tire on the vulcan 2000 (the beast). My question is, how close does the tire come to the upper belt gaurd? I can barely get my finger between the tire and the gaurd with the 200 tire on there. How much wider is the 240 tire? Just want to be sure it fits before I order the tire. :):):):):)

·
Registered
319 Posts
rear

The 240 fits nice. I had one before I switched to the darkside. You can always use the dremel a bit if you are leary

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Avon Cobra 240 fits w/o any modification...

The Avon Cobra 240 will fit w/o modification

I have read on this forum that a few riders have replaced their rear tire with a wider 240/50/16 tire on the vulcan 2000 (the beast). My question is, how close does the tire come to the upper belt gaurd? I can barely get my finger between the tire and the gaurd with the 200 tire on there. How much wider is the 240 tire? Just want to be sure it fits before I order the tire. :):):):):)

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have been doing alot of reading and reserearch on different tire dimentions of different car tires other riders have/are using. I have decided on a dunlop dz101 225/55vr16. I will be putting it on next week. I'll let you know how it works out. Moving to the darkside!

·
Registered
319 Posts
tire

i have been doing alot of reading and reserearch on different tire dimentions of different car tires other riders have/are using. I have decided on a dunlop dz101 225/55vr16. I will be putting it on next week. I'll let you know how it works out. Moving to the darkside!
Make sure you start with a lower pressure (28-32) Others say to run 40, but they get real unruly handling wise with that much air

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
the 240/50/16 is exactly 40 mm wider than the 200/xx/16.

The first number is the width of the tire in mm. Second number is the aspect ratio or the width of the tire in relation to the height. 50% of the width is 120mm height. Obviously the third number is the wheel diameter or 16".

·
Registered
22 Posts
225/55-16 is on and fits great! I took it out to feel how it handles scraped my forward controls a few times. Like I stated earlier, I drive aggressively and it handled great. Dumped the clutch to see how well it hooks and picked up the front tire. With my old mc tire on rear I would smoked the tire as hard as I launched, but no spin at all. Love it already!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
metz 240 on stock rim

I have read on this forum that a few riders have replaced their rear tire with a wider 240/50/16 tire on the vulcan 2000 (the beast). How much wider is the 240 tire? Just want to be sure it fits before I order the tire. :):):):):)
malcomX, it's been a while and no responses. have you fitted this tire yet? you see we all have put bigger tires on this bike w/no problemo. have you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts