Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Delphi forums theres links to places where people have done all kinds of mods and some of them i have done(like taking the pollution junk off and capping the intakes). But there is a post by a person who upgraded the wattage of his headlamp to 80/100. He says everything works fine and even gives all the different replacement numbers and places to buy them. I have one i can get right now for $17. One person posted back to me on that forums that i should get a heavier socket to handle the heat? Never heard of this, and the persons how to on the site says nothing about replacing the stock socket. My brother says that my headlight is dim on both settings with the stock 50/80 bulb. I think stock is 50/80?

So is the person right that said to get a heavier socket? No one else even mentioned it anywhere i have read so far.

Respects

Harry

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
80/100 bulb is heat, and will melt the plastic H4 plug, so what they recommend is if you're going to use an 80/100w bulb then remove the plastic H4 plug/socket and install a ceramic one which will not melt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
80/100 bulb is heat, and will melt the plastic H4 plug, so what they recommend is if you're going to use an 80/100w bulb then remove the plastic H4 plug/socket and install a ceramic one which will not melt

Where does one buy a ceramic socket? Autozone? Hopr its not to expensive, i have had to sell two of my four guns just to get riding gear again because when the wife made me get rid of my Harley(paid 11K for it) and she made me use it as a trade in for a Hyundai and the dealer gave me $3600 for it and the bikes payments were added to our Home equity loan, go figure, i still can not believe she was mad about it being added, but then make me trade it in for 3600? But anyways, i took all my gear and gave it to the salvation army. I still need a decent, cheap leather jacket and a pair of 10.5 boots. Guess i will have to wait on the headlamp. Thanks for the reply.

Respects(this is old habit from being in a MC for so long before i retired my colors)

Harry

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Harry btom is on the money,Take it from experience,100w bulb will melt the housing,Had to change housing, plug and bulb on my nomad:surprise:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harry btom is on the money,Take it from experience,100w bulb will melt the housing,Had to change housing, plug and bulb on my nomad:surprise:

So i just need to change the H4 plug yes? Where do i pick up a ceramic plug from on the cheap?

Thanks for the replies.

Respects

Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts