Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
I like it. Would love to have the time to Bob out one of those old Metrics. You can do it for a reasonable amount of money many times. Someday would love to do a VTX.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2014
95 Posts
work in progress

Just about to start bobber project on my 900.....

Time for a change, will keep the 240 rim, but have the Blue Collar kit ready to go, 14" apes & 1.5" risers on the way, no rear guard this time....a naked bobber.... photos to follow.

Cheers

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
what do you get when you cross a Bear w/a Ratt?

I really digg the bobber look. Would love to transform a V2K into a big, bad , bobber.
well it is big.. and it can be bad.. but is more a B.r.a.t.t. than jus bobbed?

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
i like it Poncho. have you thought about rotating the rear fender back more to give it more of a bobbed look?
nada. Iz a custom 11" fender to bolt direct this frame. Tried to use a tire snugly fender to the swingarm, nogo. Dropped coin, this 4th fender fit.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Bobbed my 04 vn800b
btw, you was robbed. They thru that BOM to a stoker with extra trim, yuk. Gots no magination, this krowd, is all buy n bolt ons. no cahonies.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My '05 1500 is my "bobber" project of sorts. I posted pics to my profile. I just did the front end including the Black Mini-Apes, Coke-Bottle Grips, MX Fork Boots. Next the rear (as funds become available). A little each week.
Ponch, looking good bro !
Hardtail Frame on the drawing board.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my project

working on a kind of semi-bobber project on my 800 Classic. Trying to figure out how to mount the solo seat and keep the stock rear fender (although I will cut it down). I want to keep the rear fender struts and make a removeable passenger seat.

I am just starting and haven't gotten much done other than a few cosmetic changes. Will post some pictures when I take some.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just have to start by saying, bobbers are my favorite style of bikes. So when i started searching for my first bike i knew it would have to make an awesome bobber some day. after about a month of looking i fell in love with the 2012 vn900classic se. She had so much appeal to me. Oc:mad:t of last year i got a really good deal on a new one. since then ive put about 5500miles on my bike. i have some ideas of thedirection of my bobber project. one thing for sure is that i want to make mostof the parts myself. probably gonna look forthe fenders at my local salvage yard and see if i can cut and shape the fenders at home or at my buddys house. i dont have all the tools i need, but between work,friends and myself i can do everything myself. the only thing i need know is the extra funds. when i figure out how to post pictures i'll get them posted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts