Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I saw this backrest on a used Vulcan 2000. I like the fact it has the two small bars on the side and I'm trying to find out of its an OEM or? It appears to be, but every time I find an Kawasaki OEM one online or wherever, none of them have the small bars on the side?

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ok, I saw this backrest on a used Vulcan 2000. I like the fact it has the two small bars on the side and I'm trying to find out of its an OEM or? It appears to be, but every time I find an Kawasaki OEM one online or wherever, none of them have the small bars on the side?

Any ideas?
I have the same backrest on my V2K. I believe the part number is K53043-071.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts

Any ideas?
Some advice if I may?

Since your looking for a backrest, does that mean you have a passenger ridding with ya?

If so..ditch the stock seats.

The seats are the ONE area that Kawasaki seems to skimp on. The front seat is bad enough.. the rear seat.. well.. I'm fond of saying you would get better results if you simply tapped some used pizza boxes to the fender. Would be more comfortable.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
It looks to be OEM, not 100% though. I saw that bike advertised on Craigslist. It was somewhere in North Carolina I believe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks to be OEM, not 100% though. I saw that bike advertised on Craigslist. It was somewhere in North Carolina I believe.
Yes searching craigslist is where i saw the backrest to start with. I had been looking at used bikes and prices and decided on that backrest if possible. it has the grip bars on the side that i kinda of liked, and since my son whose 12 will ride with me quite a bit i thought it might help make him a little more comfortable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some advice if I may?

Since your looking for a backrest, does that mean you have a passenger ridding with ya?

If so..ditch the stock seats.

The seats are the ONE area that Kawasaki seems to skimp on. The front seat is bad enough.. the rear seat.. well.. I'm fond of saying you would get better results if you simply tapped some used pizza boxes to the fender. Would be more comfortable.
smedlin, yes, i will have my son or gf with me quite a bit, at least until she learns to ride the honda rebel i just picked up as well. gonna take her to one of the motorcycle training classes soon.

i will definately look into the new seat. i liked the framework on the backrest, but have already considered looking into other seat options.

·
Registered
754 Posts
TB, that looks more like a Mustang seat n backrest in your attachment.

(O, and LOVE the way it's parked on it's on circle rug.. I may have to do that with mine :) )
Yepper, the seats and backrest pad are Mustangs, but the backrest and luggage rack are Kawasaki. Got the Mustang backrest pad for a great price and from what I'm told it's much more comfortable than the OEM. LOL, ya I park it on a large area rug that I was gong to throw out anyhow.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Yep, Kawasaki Fire and Steel backrest.

I have the OEM seat on my bike with a Beadrider on it. I have absolutely no problems riding the bike all day long. Now, the wife has not yet hopped on back, so I expect to get a custom rear by Russell for her, and probably will get mine done at that time too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts