Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first thing that most people instinctively do in an accident is toss their hands forward. If the limbs are not protected, asphalt instantly inflicts irreparable damage to them. Every day we use our hands in our affairs, so why not protect them by protecting them with motorcycle gloves? If you are reading this manual, you most likely agree with this conclusion.
There are many brands and types of motorcycle gloves on the market. Therefore, it is very difficult to choose the model that suits you. Before making a decision, it is worth learning more about the different types of gloves and how to choose their size correctly in order to provide the necessary level of comfort and protection when riding a motorcycle

·
Registered
367 Posts
Why does that sound like the intro to an infomercial?

·
Registered
145 Posts
lather -

There are so many different gloves out there that I doubt there is one single answer. In my case I weighed several factors to make a choice, good protection but not too bulky, and medium priced (about $250) for my budget considerations. I chose Aplinestars T-SP W Drystar LG/ Black/Flo Yellow as my best choice all things considered. I'm sure others have their own favorites out there as well. - Randy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lather -

There are so many different gloves out there that I doubt there is one single answer. In my case I weighed several factors to make a choice, good protection but not too bulky, and medium priced (about $250) for my budget considerations. I chose Aplinestars T-SP W Drystar LG/ Black/Flo Yellow as my best choice all things considered. I'm sure others have their own favorites out there as well. - Randy
I am a biker, I got my bike and ready to go motorcycle riding.but i need motorcycle safety gear but my budget is not to much i need Kevlar base clothing.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I have at least 4 different gloves (5 including some old ones that i rarely use any more). I use them for different conditions, from hot summer temperature to below freezing point (below 0 °C/32 °F), the later with electrical heating. All are different brands. In addition I have leather mittens that is so big that I can wear them over gloves. I don't think there are any "best gloves". The best ones are the ones that fit you and the weather and climate you are driving in. You should probably have at least two pairs, one for hot summer days, and one pair for colder days, the later could also be waterproof (gore tex) in case you drive in rain (I don't have heated grips, but have been told to not use gore tex or its alike with heated grips, which sounds logic since it in a se se would revers the function, damp would migrate from the grip into the glove)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have at least 4 different gloves (5 including some old ones that i rarely use any more). I use them for different conditions, from hot summer temperature to below freezing point (below 0 °C/32 °F), the later with electrical heating. All are different brands. In addition I have leather mittens that is so big that I can wear them over gloves. I don't think there are any "best gloves". The best ones are the ones that fit you and the weather and climate you are driving in. You should probably have at least two pairs, one for hot summer days, and one pair for colder days, the later could also be waterproof (gore tex) in case you drive in rain (I don't have heated grips, but have been told to not use gore tex or its alike with heated grips, which sounds logic since it in a se se would revers the function, damp would migrate from the grip into the glove)
sound good recommendation, you are right use two pair of gloves, one is summer weather and second is winter,

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Or three I like Rev ‘It for their quality/Construction:

Summer-Fly 2
Fall/Spring-Summit 2.0
Winter-Aquila

Watch lots of reviews on revzilla, sort by price, needs , construction, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or three I like Rev ‘It for their quality/Construction:

Summer-Fly 2
Fall/Spring-Summit 2.0
Winter-Aquila

Watch lots of reviews on revzilla, sort by price, needs , construction, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes Rev sells quality products i have checked but i want to check more options

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
It's easy to find "water resistant" winter gloves, but not summer gloves. If you ever get caught in the rain, or rain does not deter you from riding, having a 2nd or even 3rd pair of dry gloves to change into is nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts