Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Not on a V2K, but a Vulcan 900. The 900, oddly enough, is pretty similar in riding position. If anything, though, it's smaller (duh). I'm 6'2" and have found it to fit pretty well. Highway bars and highway pegs are a must, to stretch out on a long trip. One thing I like, is highway pegs mounted halfway down the highway bars so they are in front of and a little bit above the floorboards. In this configuration, I can put my heel on the floorboard, and toes on the highway pegs. Gives the 'feel' of some extended forward controls, and I have no trouble cornering or riding through the twisties like this (whereas feet all the way on the pegs would be awkward in tight corners). AND, I'm not really any farther from the rear brake or shifter. And of course, when I'm on a straight stretch and want to stretch out, I can just stick my feet all the way up on the pegs and ride on!

Don't know if any of that helps you but that's what works for me on a similar bike anyway!

·
Registered
46 Posts
6'2" here and I had originally wanted a Nomad, but when I sat on one I found it to be very cramped. That is how I ended up with the V2K.

·
Registered
482 Posts
im 6-5, no mods, and fits me like a glove

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am 6'4" and rode several bikea that I felt were to small for me with the v2k I feel like it fits better than any of them with no mods not sure what I'll do when I wear this one out since they quite making them lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I'm 6'5 and built similar to Michael Clarke Duncan and Earl Campbell Lol . So leg room is a must. Know I can ride my zx14 on long trips and stop only for gas or food.

Only mod I would want is forward control extensions to fit my height.

So thanks everyone and be safe this weekend

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am 6'5" and 270lb. I used to ride a Kaw KZ1000 and also a 94 GoldWing SE and they were so uncomfortable I then got my 2005 Vulcan classic 1500 FI. I had to add the Kuryakan Longhorn Offset pegs to my highway bars and 2 inch risers and now I feel like I am in my recliner at home. I have a stock seat and wish the bike had forward controls like the 2004 had available. This is probably the best riding bike I have ever had and the only thing I would change would be to upgrade to the Voyager. Last year I put in a ride from Orlando Florida @ 3am to Decatur Illinois @ 11:30PM the same day and even stopped for lunch! LOL was the best ride ever!

·
Registered
953 Posts
6-2 , jardine forward controls and 16" ape hangers made it perfect. I just took the Experienced riders course and did the figure eight like a champ. Couldnt keep it in the lines with the stockers because my knees would hit the bars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
6-2 , jardine forward controls and 16" ape hangers made it perfect. I just took the Experienced riders course and did the figure eight like a champ. Couldnt keep it in the lines with the stockers because my knees would hit the bars.
Thanks for the input bigsarge2012. If you ever ever come across another deal on some forward controls let me know!

·
Registered
53 Posts
At 6'9", it looks like I'm the circus rider in this group. Truth is, at my height, nothing really "fits"; you just have to make do the best you can. I bought the V2K because at 68.2", it has the longest wheelbase of any stock production cruiser (at least up till 2010). The longer wheelbase offers the best ability to stretch out. I've added the kurkayan longhorn highway pegs for added room but found that I don't really use them all that much.

I'm still riding on a stock seat because I'm too cheap to let go of the money for a new seat without being able to test it out first. I'd like the seating position to be further back and a little lower. I pivoted the stock bars up to add a little more room but really need to go with new risers and taller bars; haven't done it yet because again, other needs always seem to jump in ahead of scooter mods. It's OK; I have a bike that I really like and am thankful to have.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think the V2k fits more riders than most.
It's the first bike that I haven't had to move the handlebars or seat to get comfortable.
I had to dump the heel shifter because it's right in my way & the rack and passenger seat is too high up.
5 1/2 gallons is pretty good.
My Valk has 7 gallons but the Strato only has 4 1/2 gallons.

JJ

1 - 20 of 23 Posts