Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting lowers to stop that annoying blast of air that flows up from the tank/seat.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Zzman, they are effective, but the design and size of the lowers has to be taken into account. Hopefully, the first set you purchase will be satisfactory.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Memphis shades lowers, Memphis shades batwing, 9" windscreen with memphis shades batwing lowers

no air blast at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are wide lowers rkx

·
Registered
673 Posts
I made my own, low cost, perform great. No more (very little) air coming up to the face.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Memphis shades lowers, Memphis shades batwing, 9" windscreen with memphis shades batwing lowers

no air blast at all.
Did the same when I got the bike. I refer to it as "riding in a cone of silence." Very happy with the combo.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Lowers do help a lot to eliminate buffeting. I got these from a guy who was manufacturing them out of his home shop (called "Irons In The Fire") and marketing them to Vulcan riders, but I think he's no longer doing that. No website anymore, but they work great.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not a big fan of the looks but a big fan of the functionality. First bike I had with lowers was my 2010 Nomad. First really hot weather took them off thinking I would appreciate more airflow. One ride they went back on, added a set to my Drifter because the Nomad had me spoiled, and now adding a set to my Mean Streak as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts