Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any takers???:D Please share the good, the bad and never admit to bein r0und no uglys !!

Haven't posted anything in forever, due to THIS fact,,,,, that any and all of the questions I have, I've searched here and found the answer for....MOST of which, (99%) of the time, Poncho Villa has commented and there lies the answer..... If you can translate his watcha call it, slang, slash, redneck with some form of dislexyia verbage, one to many beers thingy...:D

So, just want to say Thank You Poncho!!!

P.S. Was wondering what ya had in store for the Round Up in 2015, wherever it is, we damn sure gta flip some Ueeeeez around the local POPO....

Take care, Co0ter!!!!

·
BOTM Winner, April 2015
766 Posts
Isn't he that guy from out west in Texas or California somewhere?
Him and his sidekick ride around all day hooking up with hot chics while chasing bad guys.

Yea I think he knows his bikes cause he rides a Kawasaki too. :D

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Historical Importance of Pancho Villa:

Pancho Villa was a Mexican revolutionary leader who advocated for the poor and wanted agrarian reform. Though he was a killer, a bandit, and a revolutionary leader, many remember him as a folk hero. Pancho Villa was also responsible for a raid on Columbus, New Mexico in 1916, which was the first attack on U.S. soil since 1812.

Dates:

June 5, 1878 -- July 20, 1923

Also Known As:

Doroteo Arango (born as), Francisco "Pancho" Villa

Overview of Pancho Villa:

Pancho Villa was born Doroteo Arango, the son of a sharecropper at the hacienda in San Juan del Rio, Durango. While growing up, Pancho Villa witnessed and experienced the harshness of peasant life. In Mexico during the late 19th century, the rich were becoming richer by taking advantage of the lower classes, often treating them like slaves. When Villa was 15, his father died, so Villa began to work as a sharecropper to help support his mother and four siblings.

One day in 1894, Villa came home from the fields to find that the owner of the hacienda intended to have sex with Villa's 12-year old sister. Villa, only 16-years old, grabbed a pistol, shot the owner of the hacienda, and then took off to the mountains.

From 1894 to 1910, Villa spent most of his time in the mountains running from the law. At first he did what he could to survive by himself, but by 1896, he had joined some other bandits and soon became their leader. Villa and his group of bandits would steal cattle, rob shipments of money, and commit additional crimes against the wealthy. By stealing from the rich and often giving to the poor, some saw Pancho Villa as a modern-day Robin Hood.

It was during this time that Doroteo Arango began using the name Francisco "Pancho" Villa. ("Pancho" is a common nickname for "Francisco.") There are many theories as to why he chose that name. Some say it was the name of a bandit leader he met; others say it was Villa's fraternal grandfather's last name.

Pancho Villa's notoriety as a bandit and his prowess at escaping capture caught the attention of men who were planning a revolution. These men understood that Villa's skills could be used as a guerilla fighter during the revolution. Since Porfirio Diaz, the sitting president of Mexico, had created much of the current problems for the poor and Francisco Madero promised change for the lower classes, Pancho Villa joined Madero's cause and agreed to be a leader in the revolutionary army.

From October 1910 to May 1911, Pancho Villa was a very effective revolutionary leader. However, in May 1911, Villa resigned from command because of differences he had with another commander, Pascual Orozco, Jr.

On May 29, 1911, Villa married Maria Luz Corral and tried to settle down to a quiet life. Unfortunately, though Madero had become president, political unrest again appeared in Mexico.

Orozco, angered by being left out of what he considered his rightful place in the new government, challenged Madero by starting a new rebellion in the spring of 1912. Villa gathered troops and worked with General Victoriano Huerta to support Madero. In June 1912, Huerta accused Villa of stealing a horse and ordered him to be executed. A reprieve from Madero came for Villa at the very last minute but Villa was still remitted to prison. Villa remained in prison from June 1912 to December 27, 1912, when he escaped.

By the time Villa escaped from prison, Huerta had switched from a Madero supporter to a Madero adversary. On February 22, 1913, Huerta killed Madero and claimed the presidency for himself. Villa then allied himself with Venustiano Carranza to fight against Huerta.

Pancho Villa was extremely successful, winning battle after battle during the next several years. Since Pancho Villa conquered Chihuahua and other northern areas, he spent much of his time reallocating land and stabilizing the economy.

In the summer of 1914, Villa and Carranza split and became enemies. For the next several years, Mexico continues to be embroiled in a civil war between the factions of Pancho Villa and Venustiano Carranza.

The United States took sides in the battle and supported Carranza. On March 9, 1916, Villa attacked the town of Columbus, New Mexico. His attack was the first on American soil since 1812. The U.S. sent several thousand soldiers across the border to hunt for Pancho Villa. Though they spent over a year searching, they never caught him.

On May 20, 1920, Carranza was assassinated and Adolfo De la Huerta became the interim president of Mexico. De la Huerta wanted peace in Mexico so negotiated with Villa for his retirement. Part of the peace agreement was that Villa would receive a hacienda in Chihuahua.

Villa retired from revolutionary life in 1920 but had only a short retirement for he was gunned down in his car on July 20, 1923.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Co0ter, I completely agree with you re: Poncho Villa! He is a blend of Frick and Frack of Public Radio, Will Rogers and the guy you'd want around if you had trouble (bike or other).

Thanks Poncho, keep the common sense advice coming, I enjoy your posts.

·
Registered
370 Posts
His head isn't gunna fit in his helmet for a few days, cause its swelling up.

Yeah I don't understand half of what he says, but I know deep down, he means well and always tries to help others. I am pretty sure he has tried to help me at times, and I reckon it was great advice he gave me, and one day I will work out exactly what he was telling me to do, and do it. Joking PV.
Thanks for all your efforts in this forum, every forum needs a PV to keep it alive.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Sombrero. a large fancy mehicano party hat. It's large brim is great for catching candy wen whacking Piñata at said partee. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
I love the comments by Poncho! Keep them coming...

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Much like Pancho, I know Poncho knows all the dirty little pig trails around the hill country!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Poncho.. A pie eating, U-turn loving, leading a pack of bikers right into a old-town-square festival type of guy...

Also one of the most down to earth and "real" person I've had the pleasure to meet.

Btw, Poncho is a great dancer. Did y'all know that?

Here he is (on the left), teaching me a few moves..

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I would think that it is a pain in the ass writing text like he does, but to each his own. I do like his knowlege and experience if I can understand what he writes. Long live the PV;)
U'd think 'twas werk, lest it flo'd nachilly..
So bustin a move, looks like I gott the leed. Spinning smedly a twirl is like riding my v2k. He's a big gurl, lite on his toes, butt wen he wants to sit down, ther not much u can do. poncho

·
Registered
370 Posts
U'd think 'twas werk, lest it flo'd nachilly..
So bustin a move, looks like I gott the leed. Spinning smedly a twirl is like riding my v2k. He's a big gurl, lite on his toes, butt wen he wants to sit down, ther not much u can do. poncho
Exactly what I was gunna say. I think. :confused:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would think that it is a pain in the ass writing text like he does, but to each his own. I do like his knowlege and experience if I can understand what he writes. Long live the PV;)
hes da capitone of 'COPY and Pasties" on subject matter not pertainging to bikes.... :D pONcho loves da pasties!!!

Ponchos a good chit tho!!

so where at in wash state are you at? im planning a trip, V2K/pullin trailor, next summer out to the Seattle area to visit my son....

sorta a bucket list thing of mine while I still can....

gta out dooo the last (this) years longest trip somehow...or die trying...... that was heading to TEXASSSSS for the kaw poke round up over memorial weekend...AWESOME TIME!!!!! Met some GREAT PEOPLE!!!!! only new them from the forum prior!!! did 5 states in 5 days, lil over 2400 rnd trip is all..

Let me know, will damn sure for warn ya when I head that way....

take care, co0ter

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't know much,... but I know this!!... Pounch is the the FRICKIN MAN!! saz it strate & tru!! alldatime!!

Yep second that, as we say " a good bugger all round eh bruva, jus to meke eh"

Ando

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Yep second that, as we say " a good bugger all round eh bruva, jus to meke eh" Ando
an U pik on me 4 my abuse of the queen and her lanqwish.. aint gott nuthin on our cuzzins down unner.. its no wonder it began life as penal colony.. cant wait to join em, soon. crikey! ponchout

·
Registered
361 Posts
an U pik on me 4 my abuse of the queen and her lanqwish.. aint gott nuthin on our cuzzins down unner.. its no wonder it began life as penal colony.. cant wait to join em, soon. crikey! ponchout

Hahahaha yea bruv we butcha the queens slang for sport. Just one aspect though eh, I'm not an Aussie bud. I'll leave that grace for Greyhairedhoon, he hails from the lucky country, and probably the best part too...... Tasmania.

As for me, I hail from even further down under.......... Aotearoa, it's from our native tongue, Maori, means "the land of the long white cloud" otherwise known as New Zealand. Or as our Kiwi's slang sez it "Nuw Zuland" eh.

Us keewees an our Aussie bretherin go waz back, we fights like cats n dogs, slate each other badly, make halfwits of each other and kill each other on the rugby field.

But god help any other fecker that steps into our ring, we stand united. We are as one when needed, like family. We have fought and died together................ANZAC's, Always remembered, neva forgotten.

Ando, not the Aussie, the keewee kid

An jus for Greyhairedhoon
"Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi"

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
aussies, they hail from the big island. we gott sum roun here up in canukida. our otter cuzzins. ghl, he be a Tassie, thats the lil island more down unner. rnz, he be a kiwi from over the rite coast..
its all good as mos us are banished or cut loose from the motherland long waze a time ago. it makes for amusing humor to listen to all the diff dia'lecks and lingo.
my lil bro, he pulled outa here (smart took all his money) and settled at sydney. When I retire, I plan to use his place as a launch and travel that whole big island and then some,, drink all his beer. poncho

1 - 20 of 42 Posts