Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
JR I am curious as to how your trunk is installed. If I ever put one on, I want it to be directly over the back seat so I can use it as a back brace. I don't have anyone that rides back there anyway. As you can see from my pic off to the left of the screen, I tend to leave my sissy-bar bag on all the time anyway.

If the trunk would interfere with opening the bags then the possibility of installing one there would go away.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What's wrong with it???

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Xena, I saw your other thread about the problem and answered it there.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I've got an '86 that I bought a few years ago. Unfortunately, I spun a big end rod bearing shortly thereafter. The engine's been torn down on a desk in the garage ever since. Hoping to get back to it this summer if I can knock out a few other projects.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I've not done any internal work on mine. Aside from not having to do so, I know my limitations and its beyond my abilities. I might have the intellectual knowledge of it all but my fingers are out of that loop. I'm pretty much ok with anything external, though.

I'm hoping that you can find a way to get that '86 back on the road where it belongs!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If it didn't make me so nervous, I'd probably have done it a long time ago. Thankfully someone documented the 750 rebuild process years ago on Youtube. I just need to clean out space in the garage to organize everything carefully, get over my worries, and go for it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Here's a link to a sticky in the Vn750.com forum. Its got a lot of blue spots to click on and see the resulting you-tube videos. Maybe one or some of this is what you've already seen. I've not looked at more than 10 seconds of videos but..... there you go anyway.

https://www.vn750.com/forum/31-engine-exhaust-cooling/18289-vn750-engine-rebuild-videos.html

Hopefully this will work for you!! Enjoy the vids!!
Yep, those are the videos I was referring to. For what it's worth, I'm over there as CalebJ.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yep. There are a few cross-breeds in here that spend time in each forum. Each forum has it's positives as you know since you've been in here longer than I have with over 1K posts. I am over there as "Chris and Shim". I'd be in there for a few years and then gone for a few years, and then back again. Currently back again...…

I've found that I like this forum better overall, but for 750-specific maintenance issues that I cannot figure out myself I go there.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Excellent! I added you to the "750 Roll Call" list!

Thanks.

·
Administrator
12,005 Posts
2006 Vn750 here in Cleveland, OH. She just turned 9000 miles
Welcome to the forums!

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts