Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says: Who in this forum even OWNS a Vn750?

There's never many lurking here in this section. I'm curious how far spaced out we are geographically speaking.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Haha sorry Chris I think you going to have't to change your name ! TO "TONY" ! Coss your Tony 1 that's got 1 on here ! OOOOOOPS LOL

Steve

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a problem.

That means I'm a singular person!! (In a positive way, of course.)

Its nice being the standout in a crowd.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aw. We're too apart to go riding. Darn the bad luck.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are you at?

I see anywhere from only one to at most 12 people looking into the 750 section but almost never see anyone post anything. Therefore I was wondering just how many actually own one.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm on the other side of the country in Washington state.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where are you at?

I see anywhere from only one to at most 12 people looking into the 750 section but almost never see anyone post anything. Therefore I was wondering just how many actually own one.
i really think most people that have focus on the 750 are on vn750.com. That entire site is dedicated to the 750. Ill be honest the reason i am on this forum is for info for my sons 800. There is certainly nothing wrong with this forum but more info and activity on the other forum

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's almost certainly true. That site IS exclusively for the VN750 although once in a blue moon someone will ask questions about other bikes.

I hung out maybe 10 years over there, off and on.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great! Always happy to find another 750 troop!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
now you have a decision to make, ride to AZ or ride to Boston,, ha j/k

·
Registered
51 Posts
i really think most people that have focus on the 750 are on vn750.com. That entire site is dedicated to the 750. Ill be honest the reason i am on this forum is for info for my sons 800. There is certainly nothing wrong with this forum but more info and activity on the other forum

That’s me, too. I’ve got a 750 and a 1500a. Vn750.com for the first and here for the second...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I still drop in over there without signing in to see if there's anything "new" that I haven't read about before. Rarely does that happen. As I said, that was my main place for 10 years or so. After that long in there you've seen just about all of the issues possible show up in one thread or another.

One day I got a major case of the #&* against one of the regulars in there and that was that for me. It was best if I disconnected from that individual so I looked for other forums.

I hang out in the VROC site and here nowadays. I've connected with more people in this area of the country by using VROC and here than with vn750.com and it seemed that the vast majority of the 750 owners (in that site anyway) lived from Ohio eastward.

All were nice people there and things were cool until I got pissed at so-and-so. Looking back he didn't really even do that much but it absolutely rubbed me the wrong way (and still does) so adios.

Its a good site for 750 folks if you want maintenance issues explained or help trouble shooting problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I own an 86 VN750, haven’t read anything yet on this thread but I have been rebuilding mine for quite some time and I’m on the VN750 forums as well, I’ve been tooling on it fir years now but if you have questions PM me, I have the Service manual.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 750, with proper additions, can be a fine practical around town, running errands, basic transportation type vehicle. Also, with proper additions, it can be a decent long distance bike.

It doesn't have the at-speed, roll-on torque of the 1500-and-up bikes. On the larger bikes they can just roll the throttle and pass a vehicle whereas on the 750 to do so you may want to choose to do so at a better spot in the road or when the on-coming traffic slacks off. Aside from that I've found mine does well on the freeway and I have no issues about hitting the highway with it. I have done it and will continue to do so.

No matter how much money you can pour into making a Volkswagon Beatle a better road-trip vehicle it'll never be on par with your average Cadillac. But it'll get you there for sure.

Every machine has its pros and cons. For example, as I get older (64) I appreciate being comfortable more and more. I've got mine just about as comfortable as can be practically expected to be. No, it won't be as comfortable as a full-up touring bike but then again, to its credit, its a good 300 to 400 lbs lighter, too.

Back in '06 the wife went out one night and won 8K playing Bingo. The next day the bike was paid for before leaving the dealer. The sum total of "my" money put into the bike amounts to all of the additions/mods I've made. So, from a fiscal perspective, I'm way to the good. Look at the list of things below, under this post. The most expensive thing I've shelled out bucks for was the seat. It ran me $500 to have it made for ME. That was cash well spent as I can ride all day long quite comfortably. (My butt has not been angry with me since.) The rest of the list were all under that $500 one-time cost.

Even adding all of them up, it'll be less than buying a new bike so I'm happy with what I've got. Besides, ITS MINE. You don't see a lot of them on the road and of the ones you do see probably none will be setup exactly as mine is. When I park it with a collection of other riders its virtually guaranteed to be the only 750 Vulcan there, which can make it a conversation piece. And I can easily pack enough stuff on it to get me through a week or two worth of a road trip.

Bottom line, your bike has tons of potential for practicality, long-distance road worthiness, and flat damn FUN! And once you start to piddle around doing your own maintenance on it, you'll come to LOVE the centerstand!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts