Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Who are you? How do you ride most? How long have you been riding? Pick 2 1-4/5-6

• Male Urban Cruiser

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Female Urban Cruiser

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Male X-Country Cruiser

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Female X-Country Cruiser

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Entry Level Bike - less than 2 years

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Riding most of my life - longer than 2 years

Votes: 9 36.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reading a post yesterday, the poster said 9 out of 10 Vulcan S's sold (at that dealership) were sold to women. Although I have seen several women post here, I am wondering what the real ratio is.
On different sites the bike has been described as:
An urban Cruiser
An entry level Cruiser
A woman's Cruiser
An excellent Cruiser for both short and tall riders
and more but what are you?

As for me:
Male Urban Cruiser
5'10"-Mid-Reach
Retired early 50's
First street bike in 30 years.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the message that has just been posted by WES_BEN:
I'm a woman, 5' 7" and have the extended reach seat and foot pegs and the mid range handlebars.

I had a honda vt1300 and was planning to go to the fb6 or the 900 ctx and on a fluke took the S for a test drive. I love it...fast and nimble and fun. It fits both my frame and my personality. What's weird is, I trust the S and that was what was missing with the 1300 (which must be why I don't miss it

·
Registered
96 Posts
5'11 Male - Urban Cruiser and a Re-entry Cruiser (first bike in few years),

Chosen based on, colour, non spoke rims and not having tank mounted gauges

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cant vote..anyway 5'8 Male - have everything mid reach.
Urban Cruiser Entry level, first bike

Commute + weekend cruising.

Always wanted to buy cruiser and vulcan s came just in time when i was looking what to buy and won me :laugh2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can't vote on here either.

But, I'm male, 6"1' and have extended reach seat and pegs. First street bike.

Urban cruising, and once I'm past the break in period, I plan on doing a few longer rides.

Just waiting on my TB comp exhaust to be delivered.... It's supposed to be here on the 24 of this month. (Hopefully...)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cammy from Scotland. 5' 4''....short arse..... Delivery of my white Vulcan S , 1st or 2nd week in September. Reduced reach seat & foot controls at closest setting. Getting gaiters fitted on front stanchion's from the off. Lots of photos of Scotland will be coming your way. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
713 Posts
6"3 Male
Purple Vulcan.
Ext' reach pegs and seat. Standard bars adjusted as low as possible without tank slap.
First bike.
Commute + weekend cruising. Averaging 1100km/month.
The whole female marketing thing makes me laugh. Intelligent design bikes are for everyone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
6"3 Male
Purple Vulcan.
Ext' reach pegs and seat. Standard bars adjusted as low as possible without tank slap.
First bike.
Commute + weekend cruising. Averaging 1100km/month.
The whole female marketing thing makes me laugh. Intelligent design bikes are for everyone.
How are you finding the extended reach seat? I wanted one at the time of test ride / order and they told me it was $300 extra...I am told by others it should be free. I am ringing kawasaki today about it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
How are you finding the extended reach seat? I wanted one at the time of test ride / order and they told me it was $300 extra...I am told by others it should be free. I am ringing kawasaki today about it.
Ext Reach seat feels better regarding fit, but I haven't been out riding with the STD issue seat. From what I've heard the std seat is alot firmer without the gel pad resulting in "numbuttitis".
I paid extra for the Ext reach seat and tie rod. It's only in the US that offer customised setup at no extra cost.
I had the tie rod fitted on delivery and had to wait for the seat to arrive and fitted it myself.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ext Reach seat feels better regarding fit, but I haven't been out riding with the STD issue seat. From what I've heard the std seat is alot firmer without the gel pad resulting in "numbuttitis".
I paid extra for the Ext reach seat and tie rod. It's only in the US that offer customised setup at no extra cost.
I had the tie rod fitted on delivery and had to wait for the seat to arrive and fitted it myself.
Yeah i have experienced the Numb ass on a 200km trip I took the other week. I spoke with Kawasaki who confirmed that in Aus we need to buy the Ext seat which I think is a crock but anyway I will buy it. I am also going to get the H&B solo rack with backrest for the bike.

It goes in for it's 1000k Service next week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can't vote :wink2:

38 years old male Urban Cruiser 6-1 / 220 (185 cm /100 kg) with X-Country aspirations, footpads in extended reach position :grin2:

Entry level biker (never had a bike before July)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Two 650S's in our garage:

Me
56y/o Male X-Country Cruiser
5'10"-Mid-Reach
Riding regularly (28,000 miles per year) for 4 years after 13 years as a cager.
- 2 years on BMW G650GS and then
- 2 years on Honda NC700S.

Mrs.
48y/o Female X-Country Cruiser
5'2"-Extended-Reach (low seat, extended handlebars, re-located pegs)
Weekend riding for 2 years (Suzuki Van Van) after 15 years as a cager.

·
Registered
183 Posts
- New rider - first bike
- Standard configuration (I thought I would need reduced reach but standard is OK)
- Female 5' 3" (almost!)
- 47 years old

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Not to go off topic (since I don't even own the bike yet), but having gel in only one of the three seats is a real disservice to customers. All seats should have the same comfort level, only with different seating positions and contours.

Nevertheless, I've been using one of these on my scooter for a year or so (which has a horrible seat), and it's been great on long rides... and is cheap in comparison to swapping out a seat:

·
Registered
25 Posts

Check out my response on the new thread here regarding the extended seat.

I'm a 31 y/o male. I've ridden off-road (mostly quads) on all types of terrain since I was 12 and the vulcan is my first street bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm a newbie to this forum, 5'7, 63 year old retired male

I'm looking forward to get back into riding after a five year break...mostly enjoy cruising the back roads of south Louisiana and the Gulf coast

Previous bikes: Suzuki 90 (1967), Honda 305 Super Hawk (1969), Honda 750 Shadow (1982), Honda Valkrie Interstate (2005). The Valkrie was way too much bike for me :)

Picking up my Vulcan S tomorrow

Now that I'm older, this bike has all the power, looks, and feel that I need to enjoy my retirement!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts