Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love whitewalls. Unfortunately due to the low profile tire on the front of my vn900c8 I am unable of getting a whitewall in the front. So what’s your opinion? Do you think it would look foolish to have a whitewall in the back and not in the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mike, I have never seen or heard of a white sidewall tire for the front of a custom. I think it would look a bit funny to have one only in the back.

After doing some research, there are a small number of options. Metzeler does have a 21inch white sidewall tire (ME888) for the front of a custom. I didn't find any others, but there might be one or two more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, I have never seen or heard of a white sidewall tire for the front of a custom. I think it would look a bit funny to have one only in the back.

After doing some research, there are a small number of options. Metzeler does have a 21inch white sidewall tire (ME888) for the front of a custom. I didn't find any others, but there might be one or two more.

Never heard of that brand before. I guess I’ll look around a little more. Even if they have a whitewall in the size I need it won’t be much of a white wall lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ya I see the one your talking about. A mh90-21. Unfortunately they do not have a matching back tire which makes no sense lol

·
Registered
419 Posts
Actually they do. You are right in that they don't offer a 180/70-15 tire, but they do offer a 170/80-15 tire in WWW (wide white wall) for the ME888. From what I have read here on this forum, this size tire is often used to correct the speedo error on the Vulcan 900. Might be worth considering. This one also has a slightly higher load capacity than the original size tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts