Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mustang Daytripper on my bike (and love it) but I want to add a backrest, but I know the OEM one doesn't fit with the seat. I'm really not wanting to modify the seat, so if there is an aftermarket one that fits with the bike, I would love to know which. I searched around but hadn't really found anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have a mustang Daytripper on my bike (and love it) but I want to add a backrest, but I know the OEM one doesn't fit with the seat. I'm really not wanting to modify the seat, so if there is an aftermarket one that fits with the bike, I would love to know which. I searched around but hadn't really found anything. Thanks.
I ran into the same issue on my custom. The oem sissy bar rubbed my day tripper. I ended up going with the National Cycle Paladin. It's not the best looking but it is super functional and has a quick release. I can take it off in two seconds when I don't need it. It clears the seat easily.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just saw a picture of a bike with a daytripper and the cobra short sissy bar. Looked like it fit ok in the picture anyway. Not to thread jack but do you ride a passenger on that daytripper? What's the feedback vs. the stock seat?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the daytripper and the OEM back rest. i just did a little modification to the sissy bar. just a little grinding to round it off at the very bottom. it still is a tight fit but it will work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate that.

Darkarcher (which I don't know if your name is a DC reference or not, but I love it), My wife has only ridden on the back of my bike twice. Once with the OEM seat for about 50 miles, and once with this seat for about 50 miles, so it's hard to really say. She did say it was significantly more comfortable off the bat, but I don't really ride 2 up much as she rides her own.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased the Highway Hawk backrest I don't have the Daytripper but it sits higher and I know they have a smaller one as well. You can see it in my profile pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts