Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 900 Custom with a sissy bar backrest that seems to be narrower than most, and I am not sure what my options are re" fitting a luggage rack. Where the rack would be mounted is about 9 1/2" inner dia. and 9 7/8 outer dia. I am attaching a pic, but please forgive the sideways image; I couldn't figure out how to rotate it.

Any ideas about which rack might fit? Any one have one for sale? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
racks

I put the factory rack on for an LT. I had to find some spacers for the mounts but it worked. I will find some pics and put them in the next post.

·
Registered
990 Posts
racks

I put the LT rack on an 08 900 Custom. Had to use slightly larger spacers on the mounting bracket and then moved the sissy bar inside which allowed for the rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
Rack

I will zip down to the shop and measure the rack mounting arms. I don't have the rack on the bike right now because I usually run the 900C as a one up with a solo saddle. I will get a pic and measurement posted later today.:D

·
Registered
990 Posts
900C luggage rack

I measured the distance between the mounting brackets at a hair under a foot. See attached photos. The sissy bar, luggage rack and all the mounting hardware is for the LT, but it fit with only minor changes to the spacers to the bike frame.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts