Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my vance and hines twin slash staggered pipes in and was wondering which fuel processor is best with K&N air filter for overall longevity of the engine. I know some people say that a fuel processor is not needed but if spending a little more money to give me the best bang for my buck and investment in engine, i am willing to do so. Just wondering if anybody has this set up or suggestions. thank

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use a Power Commander IV with the same setup (V&S Slash Cut Stagger and K&N filter).

The PC IV removed about 50% of the popping - marbling removed almost all of the rest but still a little.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I use the Fuel Pak from Vance and Hines... Works great for me. I also have the Barons Big Air Kit with a K&N filter. Very minimal popping and great sound and performance IMO. Good luck.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
166 Posts
+1 on the V&H Fuel pak. I have almost no popping and the customer support folks are great. They have sent me adjustments twice that helping increase power and reduce popping. Very happy. I have a V&H pro pipe 2 into 1 and an Arlen Ness Big sucker.
No marble.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have the FI2000R with Cobra longs and a Cobra Powerflo intake. I think the Fi2000 is a pain in the a$$ to get it set right. I use to run with a K&N filter in a stock box but since I've added the Cobra intake and took out the marble the FI2000 was alot easier to set up and finally have it where I have almost no popping.

This is just my opinion but the V&H fuel pack, FI2000, and the Cobra powerpro just curve the air and fuel mixture with no performance gain without a aftermarket air intake.
I think the PC IV and find a good dyno guy that can build you a map just for your bike is the way to go for a true performance, but if you don't have a aftermarket air intake than don't waist the money. Once again this is just my opinion!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Without an intake you can get away with no controller, but I would definitely remove the secondary throttle plates and do the marbling. I just did this and added a Arlen ness big sucker. I have a pcV and this set up is great with infinite tuning capabilities. P.S. if your bike runs super lean stock like mine did you might really wanna add a controller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts