Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an 07 VN2000LT Classic with a show chrome radiator trim. We are looking at the Cobra Fatty Chrome #012464 and the Barons #BA 7170-03. Will either of these fit with the show chrome trim. JP cycles could not anwser the question so looking for someone with real world knowlege to chime in. Could not find info here either. Thanks in advance!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
We have an 07 VN2000LT Classic with a show chrome radiator trim. We are looking at the Cobra Fatty Chrome #012464 and the Barons #BA 7170-03. Will either of these fit with the show chrome trim. JP cycles could not anwser the question so looking for someone with real world knowlege to chime in. Could not find info here either. Thanks in advance!
schmeckles,, cobra fatty roll bar is the Big Bar for this Big Bike.. as for krome trim.. ? but here is how it interfaces with the stock bike frame and blak trim. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the barons bars on mine. It is very close to the radiator cover at the bottom. The closest point it has about 1/8 inch clearance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neal more info pls

Neal, Do you have the stock cover or an aftermarket chrome cover as mentioned in my original post?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS NEAL! Any got a pic of the Cora Fatty bar?

Hey a picture's worth a thousand words . . . Thanks again.

Anyone got a picture with Barons Fatty bar? Top and bottom if possible.

·
Registered
183 Posts
And the Cobra Fattys are resistant too. Below you can see what happened to them when I went down at 70mph due to a rear tire blow out.

IMG_2098 (1).jpg

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
And the Cobra Fattys are resistant too. Below you can see what happened to them when I went down at 70mph due to a rear tire blow out.]
Resilient. Yes they are quite stout. 1.5" dia. A big bar for a big bike.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Any ideas which bar works with a Corbin radiator shroud?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Any ideas which bar works with a Corbin radiator shroud?
What is special about Corbin rad grill work? Most all bars and accessories will be made to fit stock bikes. If Corbin makes something outside of stock dimensions they risk Bad fitment and reduced market audience. As a mfg, it's not good biz to get too far outside the box. poncho

·
Registered
232 Posts
What is special about Corbin rad grill work? Most all bars and accessories will be made to fit stock bikes. If Corbin makes something outside of stock dimensions they risk Bad fitment and reduced market audience. As a mfg, it's not good biz to get too far outside the box. poncho
It's a shroud which I admit looks very nice and if memory serves I saw a picture of a bar with this shroud. But it looks tight so I assume that if any fit with it, it won't be every design. My bike came with most of the Corbin goodies and I would keep it over a highway bar if I had no choice. I'm not a big fan of the looping metal bar on the bike, but they have their uses.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Baron's Customs bar

I have a Baron's on my V2K and it doesn't have a mount at the top. That allows the bar to vibrate and my highway pegs won't stay up unless I tighten them so tight I can't lower them with my foot. If I had it to do over I would have gone with the OEM engine guard............:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Final Answer!

Ok , I finally got this figured out. We put on the Cobra 1 1/2 inch Fatty and we have a Show Chrome radiator cover. It fits perfectly and quality and fitment of the cobra is top notch. The Regulators are relocated with the included bracket and are almost invisible now. Cleaned up the lower radiator area. An absolute home run in my opinion. Cobra gets my vote!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
It's a shroud which I admit looks very nice and if memory serves I saw a picture of a bar with this shroud. But it looks tight so I assume that if any fit with it, it won't be every design. My bike came with most of the Corbin goodies and I would keep it over a highway bar if I had no choice. I'm not a big fan of the looping metal bar on the bike, but they have their uses.
post pix so we can chime in with comments. if it is a work around, then a bit of tools and metal work is not all that difficult.

roll bars are essential. I put them on every bike. sooner than later you WILL drop your bike. if not in the parking lot, well then on the street. They are worth their weight in GOLD. roadrash on yor skoot is very 'spensive. to the toon of $1k foot. yes 3-8k is not unheard of in mere cosmetic damages. And the bar will most likely save the motor and frame in many cases. been ther, dun that.

kaw stok bar, tho may look.. er, uhm.. skimpy.. well it is skimpy.

here is pic of my roll bar after a 20ft slide in the rain. also here is resulting damage to the bike.. very minimal baggage damage. spare your ego, spare yor bike. get em. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Red Baron

Sorry, meant RedDogDarren
Look at the way the cobra attaches. Go to there site and get the installation instructions. The cobra is split at the top attaching to each frame riser with billet clamps and not crossing over or past the top of the radiator. The bottom is continuous 1/8 inch right underneath the radiator cover. Literally fits like a glove. If any cover has stock height and width dimensions it should fit. It can be deeper and won't matter.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My bike is behind another bike with a snowblower and BBQ tucked in the corner of my garage so no pictures there. I went to the Corbin site to extract a picture of their 2000 wearing the "chin spoiler" as they term it. Now I know where I saw the bar attached, it was on their bike. :)

Are these OEM?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RedDogDarren

I don't think the cobra bar will work on the bike in your picture. Whatever bar is on that bike is what you'll need.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My bike is behind another bike with a snowblower and BBQ tucked in the corner of my garage so no pictures there. I went to the Corbin site to extract a picture of their 2000 wearing the "chin spoiler" as they term it. Now I know where I saw the bar attached, it was on their bike. :)

Are these OEM?
That does appear to be the OEM bar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts