Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to buy an engine guard. I am thinking of the Cobra or the MC Enterprises ones. If anyone has those two or others on their 900's and can post up a pic or 3 I would like to see how they look to help me make my decision.

Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure how to link it but theres a post just like this on page 2
Yeah I saw it. Seems most have gone with the MCE bar and one fo the Lindy. I am torn between the MCE and Cobra

·
Registered
122 Posts
i just ordered the mce off ebay for 142 .... i like the more ssuare shape of it thats why i liked the barron one but someone had said they dont line up that well the cobra seems too round to me

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a Lindby Multibar on my 1600 and it saved my leg a few weeks ago when a car pulled out in front of me. I was looking for something that wasn't so rounded.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I got the Cobra and I like it. The fit was perfect, and it bolted up with ease (I'm guessing that all the ones mentioned so far are fit well, too).

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have added Cobra 3 times to bikes... once after it saved my leg as well.
I like the rounded shape but then that is purely personal preferences. Always fit well and very well made.....
Annie

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was looking for a black crash bar that Chaps would fit on, I called MCE and they are in production right now on 900 bars and pulled a set out before they go to chrome and are going to paint them black for me. What a great company to do something like that! I should have them in two weeks. I will post pics when I get them mounted.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can't beat the Cobra for ease of installation. Thats for sure. Only had to add a couple washers as a shim to remount the horn on the OEM bracket. Everything lined up perfectly and the supplied hardware is a good match to the frame. Looks great too.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the responses, can I get a few pics put up so I can see how they actually look?

Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pics, any others out there?

That is an interesting design on that custom :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am still torn between the MCE and the Cobra. It's not a matter of price. Hard to decide

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the recent pics. I ended up buying the MCE and should have it installed later this week :D "glee"

I think I went with the MCE because it closely resembles the Kawi part. I like the Cobra but it looks so tall and if I was able to have seen one in person it might have made the difference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for all the recent pics. I ended up buying the MCE and should have it installed later this week :D "glee"

I think I went with the MCE because it closely resembles the Kawi part. I like the Cobra but it looks so tall and if I was able to have seen one in person it might have made the difference.
you'll be happy with it i was happy with mine and love it now you'll be wondering what pegs to put on it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts