Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can share experience here and additional advice. I have narrowed down to 3 choices and by order as follows, 1st...Vector Batwing Fairing, 2nd...Tsukayu Batwing Fairing, and last choice is the Memphis shades Batwing. I prefer the look of the first 2 as they appear slightly larger, but these companies don't ship to Canada.

Thoughts, ideas....maybe you know how or where I can get the ones I prefer to Canada ?

Will be installing on 2005 Nomad 1600

Thank you for all input

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RetroBagger,

I had seen the usatrailerstore fairing a while back and had forgotten about it....lol thanks for the reminder...I do like it as well, especially the vented fairing...

I will check out the link to myus.com

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
One of the things to keep in mind with the trailerstore fairing (which I also have) is that you need the LT windshield mounts to install it (new OEM are a bit over $200).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, curious about the batwing from Vector and USAtrailer store...they look like they are a 2 piece unit....do they feel solid or flimsy?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks RetroBagger,

I had seen the usatrailerstore fairing a while back and had forgotten about it....lol thanks for the reminder...I do like it as well, especially the vented fairing...

I will check out the link to myus.com

Cheers
Make sure you take note of this line about that fairing.

"NOTE: The Stealth Batwing Fairing Does Not have a functioning vent. The words “simulated vent” and “vented-look” refer to the cosmetic design of this fairing, which makes it appear to have a vent. We do not offer a truly vented fairing."

·
Registered
457 Posts
I wondered about that myself as to how and how good a vented fairing would work. Most just get a windshield with a vent in it if they want airflow.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Ummmm

I went with an Ebay unit. It does pretty good. Cost me twice the fairing cost to get it painted:surprise:. I was not pleased with the stock mounts ( which were flat and pretty simple). I had to take the entire fairing off to change the headlight bulb or adjust the headlight plus it fit VERY tight and was a ROYAL pain to get back on. I drew one up with slightly extended dimensions and made the holes slotted so I had about 1/2 inch of play that allowed the fairing to install easier ( and sit better since I figured out that the fairing predrilled holes were slightly off which you couldn't see but caused binding) .
a local machine shop fabbed up stainless brackets for $50. And it is SOOOOOOOO much easier to adjust the headlight. :devil2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I chose the Memphis Shades and I am very satisfied. Comes on and off in literally 5 seconds, and I installed the Hogtunes Bluetooth audio later, it can also come off with one screw in 1 minute, in case I don't want it. I also got the 3 pouch thing with a big space with a zipper and 3 velcro pockets.
Looked at the Tsukayu and something didn't do it for me, maybe the steep initial price. I ended up spending nearly the same thing for the Memphis and Hogtunes and 3 pouch thing, but I like the idea of taking it off quickly in summer when I travel to some hot places and just want to cruise around.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts