Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some ways of carrying necessary documentation on the bike while you are riding? Proof of insurance, registration, that kind of stuff. Does everyone just stuff it in their wallet or pocket when going for a ride?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Y not? where you keep yor cash-stash? Ina tube in the tank?
the county mounty is gonna wana see it pronto. not amused with yor secret hiding places

·
Registered
50 Posts
I keep my registration card and insurance card in the tool compartment. Kind of thought everybody did.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Home depot hardware dept.has small capsule like containers for holding,,,,,,,hardware,yes its true,they also work well for other things like paperwork that should stay with the bike,i found one that looks like it was made to go right where i put it

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I keep mine in a ziploc bag that is in my saddlebags along with a laminated 50 state atlas and road side assistance card.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I keep mine in the locked compartment on the right side of my VN800 in a ziplock bag. I also keep a blood sugar monitor and some glucose paste in there as I am an insulin dependent diabetic. It's a bit of a pain to unlock when I get stopped but it works for me and since it's locked I don't worry about it.
-Art

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Right in my wallet... gotta get that out to get my licenses anyway (although I haven't needed to do so in years *knock on wood*), so why not have an insurance card and registration in there too? Nice, easy, simple.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Right in my wallet... gotta get that out to get my licenses anyway (although I haven't needed to do so in years *knock on wood*), so why not have an insurance card and registration in there too? Nice, easy, simple.
I do not have room in mine because it is full of all that money I saved from being a cheap metric owner. :D j/k

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
In my wallet and an extra copy of the insurance laminated in the tool kit storage area thing-a-ma-bob doohickey

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't carried registration papers in any vehicle for years. Have never had an issue not showing them either. As for insurance info, I have the Geico App on my iPhone, it shows the info for each vehicle I have insured through them.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
I keep copies in a zip lock baggie in the saddle bags.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
In a ziplock baggie in the right side locking side cover. Never had a problem with moisture, done this since new, never garaged, always outside. Covered if snow, or possible hail, but otherwise always in the weather of the moment.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Missouri doesn't require, that I know, that you keep registration papers. I've never been asked for it at least.

I have a small business card sized proof of insurance that stays in my wallet. That and my ID is all I've ever been asked for.

Edit: Googled it, only required to have insurance if it's over 4 tons or has more than 10 passengers. So check the laws in your state, if they are the same, then just keep your insurance in your wallet. If you do get pulled over, I suspect the officer isn't going to like you having to remove your seat to get to your proof of insurance. That may not matter to you, but some officers are more likely to issue you a ticket for something if they feel you are inconsiderate or are wasting their time. There are no benefits of getting on a cops bad side! Most officers I've known aren't that way but, my luck I'd get pulled over by some dude in a bad mood and having to wait for me to disassemble my vehicle to prove my insurance would be just enough to turn a warning into a ticket LOL

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
thaz some bad mojo.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My lockable side cover in a zip lock bag on my 800A. Ia requires you carry registration and proof of insurance.
You get new insurance cards for each insured vehical every 6 months from your insurer, so you have to carry a valid one.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
The great State of New Jersey requires you to present valid license, registration and proof of insurance upon request from a LEO. I keep mine, for my bike, in my wallet. Tickets are written if you can't produce them immediately.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Windshield bag.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts