Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok when I bought my bike the seller said he "thought" the original owner tuned it will a fuel management system. On All the bikes I have ever owned I have stored the power comander under the seat (sport bikes). I want to check and see if there really was one installed. Would it be under the tank? I don't wanna just start taking the bike apart on a wild goose chase. Need some advise on where to look.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
most install them in the tool caddy, out of the way and protected from the elements.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Ok when I bought my bike the seller said he "thought" the original owner tuned it will a fuel management system. On All the bikes I have ever owned I have stored the power comander under the seat (sport bikes). I want to check and see if there really was one installed. Would it be under the tank? I don't wanna just start taking the bike apart on a wild goose chase. Need some advise on where to look.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
If the previous owner installed a PCV, as per the instructions, you will find it stuck to the back of the battery box. A terrible place to locate it, IMHO. If it's a Cobra Fi2000R, it will be stuck to the front of the battery box in plain view after you remove the seat. I located my PCV & Autotune in my tool box.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
WHERE'S THE BEEF?!?!

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Does any one know if fi2000 should be waterproof if they recommend to place it outside of the tool box? I was trying to find find anything on google and I failed. The only thing I found that fi2000r fuel mng circuit board is waterproof. What about fi2000 powrpro?
I mounted mine outside the tool box as shown in the directions or video (velcro on the front of the tool box). So, I am hoping it's waterproof like the fi2000r. :confused:

Found video of installation.

·
BOTM Winner, March 2013
348 Posts
I asked cobra support and that is what they gave me.
They are not water proof, they are water resistant. If you are going on a long tip you might put the tuner is a plastic bag to help keep any water from getting to the circuit board. You can run a bead of silicone around the case and that will help keep water out if you get caught in a down poor. Do not leave the tuner in the plastic bag after you get back for a long ride as moisture can form in the bag. If for some reason water gets in and the bike stops running all you have to do is dry it out and off you go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts