Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I searched, been a while since this has been brought up. Where did you install a 12v outlet on your bike? I'm looking for ideas and pictures of where other riders mounted theirs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I use my battery tender pigtail runs out to my right bag. An adapter lets me plug in my phone or any USB device. Velcro holds it to the bag. Inside for protection.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use my battery tender pigtail runs out to my right bag. An adapter lets me plug in my phone or any USB device. Velcro holds it to the bag. Inside for protection.

That's a great idea. I plan on getting a battery tender as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Do they have a 12v outlet attachment? I prefer the "fast charger" for my phone. I guess I could search Amazon haha.

Anybody else using a regular 12v outlet and how did you mount it?

That is 12v right off your battery. My fast charger works fine, but I'm careful to use it while running, not parked. Not sure how fast it would drain the bike batt.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I searched, been a while since this has been brought up. Where did you install a 12v outlet on your bike? I'm looking for ideas and pictures of where other riders mounted theirs.

Which one? Have have two.

The first one I installed is behind the right side cover next to the ScottOiler. It is switched with the key and was installed to run a pump to blow up an air mattress when camping. (I’m roughing it.)

The other one connects to the Battery Tender pigtail just in front of the seat. I keep it stored in the left saddlebag outside pocket when it’s not being used. I use it mostly for the air compressor.

I also have a USB charger connected to a switch on the homemade dash.

I can get pictures later when I get home.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is 12v right off your battery. My fast charger works fine, but I'm careful to use it while running, not parked. Not sure how fast it would drain the bike batt.

Oh okay. I was thinking you meant you had a USB port only, not the socket.

A regular charging adapter charges at 5 [email protected] 2 amps. The Samsung adaptive charger charges at 9 [email protected] 1.87 amps. Theoretically it should use the same amount of energy to charge to a certain percentage, the difference is in the time period it takes. Fast charging probably also uses a nominal amount more energy because of heat.
Which one? Have have two.

The first one I installed is behind the right side cover next to the ScottOiler. It is switched with the key and was installed to run a pump to blow up an air mattress when camping. (I’m roughing it.)

The other one connects to the Battery Tender pigtail just in front of the seat. I keep it stored in the left saddlebag outside pocket when it’s not being used. I use it mostly for the air compressor.

I also have a USB charger connected to a switch on the homemade dash.

I can get pictures later when I get home.
Would definitely love to see some pictures! (Must Google scottoiler).

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Here are the pictures:

12V outlet behind right side cover switched with ignition

Battery Tender pigtail and audio cable to dash:

12V outlet connected to Battery Tender pigtail:

12V outlet and adapter cable:

Dual USB charger at dash:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are the pictures:

12V outlet behind right side cover switched with ignition

Battery Tender pigtail and audio cable to dash:

12V outlet connected to Battery Tender pigtail:

12V outlet and adapter cable:

Dual USB charger at dash:
Thank you for the pictures. That gives me an idea. I've been looking for a tank bag. When I find ones I like, I can just run the outlet from the pigtail into the bag. Thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts