Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought an 06 Vulcan 900, just finished converting to blue collar bobber kit and doing an oil change. I can't seem to find the filter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
In front, below the radiator, behind the rectifier. You have to remove the rectifier cover, rectifier, and rectifier bracket. Then you have access to the filter. At least that is how it is for later model 900's.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Front of bike behind rectifier. . Easy to unbolt rectifier to get to it.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
And congrats on the new purchase. Looks like a nice bike. I really like the wrapped headers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It should tell you how much oil near the oil cap ... at least mine does anyway (3.0L without filter 3.2L with filter)

Love the bike .. the 900 makes a great bobber

As for the oil filter you may need an oil filter wrench to get it off (it was the only way I could get mine off before replacing with a K&N socket wrench on/off filter)

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
As for the oil filter you may need an oil filter wrench to get it off (it was the only way I could get mine off before replacing with a K&N socket wrench on/off filter)
+1 on that. Now I only use K&N KN-303 filter. Super easy to remove.

For US volumes for oil: 3.2 quarts when filter not removed, 3.4 quarts hen filter replaced, 3.9 quarts when engine is completely dry.

Keep the bike upright when looking at the sight glass. Resist the urge to over-fill. Anywhere between the two sight lines is ok, but I try to fill mine to a little more than half-way in-between the sight lines.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
I put mine just under the top line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts