Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know. I'm a complete yo-yo but can somebody tell me where "exactly" where the reserve coolant tank is on a 2009 Vulcan 2000 LT. I checked the almost worthless manual that comes with the bike, it does show a photo but I still can't figure it out due to the worthless photo. I've looked all over that sucker. Thanks for any help. You can also reach me at: [email protected]

·
Registered
578 Posts
Fill cap is behind the engine on the right side of the bike. I think the stock exhaust almost covers it up.

Radiator fill cap is under the fuel tank. Fuel tank removal is necessary to get to it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I know. I'm a complete yo-yo but can somebody tell me where "exactly" where the reserve coolant tank is on a 2009 Vulcan 2000 LT. I checked the almost worthless manual that comes with the bike, it does show a photo but I still can't figure it out due to the worthless photo. I've looked all over that sucker. Thanks for any help. You can also reach me at: [email protected]
I don't have a 2000 but on many if these bikes you have to take the side cover off to get to them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coolant location!

Under the fuel tank! Along with the two spark plugs? Ha! Thanks a million guys. Why they didn't say that in that itty bitty owner's manual, I have no idea. I did think about that location but didn't want to remove the tank, look in there and not find it there!

Anyway, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
578 Posts
That's for the radiator cap.

The reservoir tank is behind the engine, low in the frame below the right side cover.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coolant reservoir again...

That's for the radiator cap.

The reservoir tank is behind the engine, low in the frame below the right side cover.
David...hate to drag this in the dirt but the book shows a coolant reservoir with high & low horizontal lines. Is that tank under the fuel tank? I know about the fill inlet at lower left of the right side cover. Just wanted to make sure before I go tearing the tank off....which leads me to another question but I'll save it for later. Thank You!

·
Registered
578 Posts
No, the reservoir is not under the tank. But if you need to fill the system, you have to pull the tank to access the pressure cap. The reservoir is only for coolant expansion

·
Registered
68 Posts
A couple of photos of the coolant tank, the sight tube can be viewed on the right side under the exhaust, like me you may have to scrub the tube with a tooth brush before you can see the coolant level. Mine appears to be a little over full, cannot see any high or low level lines but they could be there, tank is fairly well hidden.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Coolant Resovoir

I replaced the clear tubing so I could see the level. It was discolored and no longer clear................:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you River!

Thanks to all but especially River who went to the hassle of providing photos!

A couple of photos of the coolant tank, the sight tube can be viewed on the right side under the exhaust, like me you may have to scrub the tube with a tooth brush before you can see the coolant level. Mine appears to be a little over full, cannot see any high or low level lines but they could be there, tank is fairly well hidden.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts