Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, where do all the stock seats go? We have been buying and riding essentially the same bike since 06 right? Has to be thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands of v900's out there, and only 1 or 2 with the stock seat still on it if you judged solely on the opinion of this forum. So I got to wondering, do we all have a stock seat laying around in our garage? Nobody is going to buy that thing right?

What did you do with your stock seat?

·
Registered
357 Posts
As the title states, where do all the stock seats go? We have been buying and riding essentially the same bike since 06 right? Has to be thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands of v900's out there, and only 1 or 2 with the stock seat still on it if you judged solely on the opinion of this forum. So I got to wondering, do we all have a stock seat laying around in our garage? Nobody is going to buy that thing right?

What did you do with your stock seat?
I see them on Ebay and Craigslist from time to time. Personally, I am going to keep mine for awhile just in case. I know I won't get much if anything out of it so I am not going to waste my time trying to sell it.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Wanna buy mine??

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
Every garage has at least 1-2 extra seats. I have stock for my 1700 classic; and both stock and mustang for the 900 classic. These are the extras...

·
Registered
702 Posts
I bought and sold two Vulcans in the last two years. Both times I upgraded to Mustang seats and then re-installed stock seat when came time to trade the bikes in. I always strip the bike back to stock as much as possible when I trade and then sell off the goodies on eBay/Craigslist etc...

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
My stocker went to ebay and sold quickly. Believe it or not, someone wants 'em. My bike came with a mustang seat and the PO threw in the stocker, so that was money in my pocket. Then when I upgraded to an Ultimate I sold the Mustang seat quickly on ebay as well. So I basically got my Ultimate seat at half price.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
In the dumpster, or the bonfire. I would never allow somebody to have it for free even. LMAO. Really, it's in the garage.

When I sell my bike, I'll put the stock seat back on it, and sell the Mustang Seat for $250 on the side.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Unfortunately, mine is still on the bike. :( Just haven't opened up the wallet for the after market seat yet.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My stocker went to ebay and sold quickly. Believe it or not, someone wants 'em. My bike came with a mustang seat and the PO threw in the stocker, so that was money in my pocket. Then when I upgraded to an Ultimate I sold the Mustang seat quickly on ebay as well. So I basically got my Ultimate seat at half price.

Did you get an ultimate midrider?

http://ultimateseats.ca/kawasaki-motorcycle-accessories/vulcan-900-classic-seats/1250

It says that it is the same height and distance from the bars as the stock seat. Do you find this to be true? How is the comfort compared to the mustang?

·
Registered
643 Posts
The stock seat is vinyl my corbin in leather, so I always put the stock on when I wash the bike, soap water and leather don't get along very well. Figure if I ever sell my 900 custom I will put the stock seat on it and sell the corbin on eBay.

The 900 custom stock seat looks great on the bike, but it awful painful to sit on for any amount of time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got the stock 900 seat, the stock Harley sportster seat, a lapera silhouette solo for my sportster. All just sitting around in the garage to almost certainly never get used again. They all just sit on a shelf.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Funny thing this morning. I just got an offer to buy my stock seat. No idea on what I should ask for it though. Any ideas?

·
Banned
179 Posts
I would not mind getting a like new 1600 Classic stock seat. The one on my 2003 bike has almost 58K on it and still going but a newer looking one would spruce it up more. I had to restitch this one in a few places where the threads were coming apart on it but the cover is still intact and not torn. A newer one would be nice if anyone out there has one cheap or free. The stock seat on this bike is very comfortable for me and I have ridden it quite far a couple times without any rear end damage.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Funny thing this morning. I just got an offer to buy my stock seat. No idea on what I should ask for it though. Any ideas?
I believe I sold mine on ebay for about $130 +shipping cost which was about $40, but that all depends on where it's going.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
[This is what became out of my Stock seat. It was ether make or brake ,anyhow it was worthless. Turned into a decent solo seat for up to 150 miles ride.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe I sold mine on ebay for about $130 +shipping cost which was about $40, but that all depends on where it's going.
Wow, impressed you got that much but I was thinking I wouldn't sell mine for any less than $100. Its just not worth the time to box up and mail out if you don't get something for it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
was wondering what to do with my stock 1600 classic seat. have a mustang. things just got interesting....
check out "theeclassifieds" Kingsport,tn. under the motorcycle heading ( not accessories) is an ad for custom motorcycle seats. may be cool to have the stock one custom fit and sell the mustang? or swap every now and then?

·
Registered
58 Posts
[This is what became out of my Stock seat. It was ether make or brake ,anyhow it was worthless. Turned into a decent solo seat for up to 150 miles ride.
You wouldn't happen to have a write up about what you did to your seat there would you?

I've been looking for drivers backrests lately and this look like a fun little project

·
Registered
847 Posts
Stock Seats etc.

I keep my stock seats. I put them away in the box my new seat comes in. When I sell or trade I put the stock seat back on and sell it or give the buyer a chance to buy it. The dealership won't give one cent extra for options etc. unless you are buying a bike with them already installed then they talk it up like it's gold, so I keep my stock parts and when I trade or sell that's what sells then I sell the aftermarket parts at a discount and make a little more mulah.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts