Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding my 2013 Voyager about a month after I purchased it. When I got to my house after a 4 hour ride, I noticed my antenna was gone... Lost forever.... I guess I never thought to check the tightness of the antenna... SOOOOO..... I don't use the radio much... I use the ipod the most. I did not see a reason to replace it. I just said... Oh well. It looks more streamline... Yah, that's it... Streamline.

I have been thinking of a good use for the female portion of where the antenna screws into. Maybe a flag... Anyone have this problem and has anyone ever screwed an old glory into it? I thought about threading a piece of aluminum rod and maybe attaching a smaller flag.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds like a cool idea. I always give a little twist to my antenna to make sure its snug. Read alot of threads about people losing antennas. Those bitches are $100 from what I understand.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
So I was riding my 2013 Voyager about a month after I purchased it. When I got to my house after a 4 hour ride, I noticed my antenna was gone... Lost forever....

I have been thinking of a good use for the female portion of where the antenna screws into. Maybe a flag... Anyone have this problem and has anyone ever screwed an old glory into it? I thought about threading a piece of aluminum rod and maybe attaching a smaller flag.
yetti,, yor kaw is now more a hardley'er kustom.. they fall off them paintshakers all the time.. cant even put thread lock or it messes with the toons.. I had my shift lever fall off on the way home from the dealer.. they said it was not warranty, so.?
mebbe some hardley dood mita lifted it an putt it on his sledge.

as for dangling a flag off a stick on yor skoot, the drag is enormous and will put undue stress on what little bit of mounting you are suggesting.. even a full welded flange flag mount attached to the frame, the drag induced by a square foot of flapping fabric is enuff to cause stress to the metal. those Humongous Parade flags you see n the back of hardleys, those boyz neither know or care what damage they do.. a good side wind would drag them rite off a cliff.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
When mine decided to part ways; I replaced it with a Can-am "shorty" antenna.

$20 bucks, direct fit and doesn't look too bad.

Scott

·
Registered
894 Posts
This used to be a popular post! So popular I thought most dealers were double checking the tightness of the antenna, especially since I haven't heard this problem in a year or two . . . I'd go back to the dealer (if that's where you bought it from) and raise a little hell until they gave you something . . . Some were known to replace it under warranty I believe . . .

·
Registered
278 Posts
So I was riding my 2013 Voyager about a month after I purchased it. When I got to my house after a 4 hour ride, I noticed my antenna was gone... Lost forever.... I guess I never thought to check the tightness of the antenna... SOOOOO..... I don't use the radio much... I use the ipod the most. I did not see a reason to replace it. I just said... Oh well. It looks more streamline... Yah, that's it... Streamline.

The drag on the flag would cause the pole to move down towards horizontal position. That base unit allows for the antenna to be moved forward and backwards.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
There are a number of "hidden antennas" on Amazon/eBay/etc., intended for H-D models, but they work on the Voyager/Vaquero. Mount them inside the fairing and plug them in. Range will be reduced, but it eliminates the issue of the external antenna altogether.

·
Registered
547 Posts
search on my posts.. I dealt with this a couple years back. Gave a HD shop $10 xmas fund donation for a take off am/fm whip. Wrote instructions up on how I put it all back together. It has not come loose since...

The longer length actually improved reception...

gb

·
Registered
25 Posts
when I bought mine this last march I had the dealer put a lock washer on it before I took it home. read a lot bout this before and glad I did.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
When I picked up my 2013 Voyager, I rode about 15 miles to a friends house. When I got there, the antenna was gone. Dealer replaced a day or 2 later free of charge. I put a lock washer and Loctite on it and it's still there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts