Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this forum is about a bike that hasn't been manufactured in 10 years but it's still the biggest and perusing the local ads, they're still out there on the used market occasionally. Is this no longer the authority on the V2K or have all possible problems and mods been covered.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I dont frequent my subscribed forums too often unless I get an alert, like I just did for this one, but I'm still lurking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might be able to search through old posts as someone has likely done something similar. If you can't find what you're looking for, you could start a new thread but I don't know how many people would see it. I thought of putting a 225 car tire on mine for longevity but it's a complete non-issue with a bike I've owned since new in 10' and only put a little over 8K miles on it so far. With factory exhaust, mine anyway is quick to scrape the lower muffler on tight, fast right hand turns, lowering it would make it far worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve seen several posts Vulcners have dropped theirs to 2inches to fill the rear wheel well. It’s a part sold on EBay that ships from overseas. I want to run the 240/55/16 Bridgestone . I’m also interested in putting some apes. Over 12inches

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any suggestions
Not sure about 240 or what tire, but I believe there is a company that makes a rear fender made to fit a 250 tire
I have it bookmarked on my desktop so can't find it right now as I'm on the road, bu I will look when I get home if you might be interested in that.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't either but it seems more and more stuff is gravitating toward that platform, which is honestly very disappointing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ya...I was a crazy conspiracy theorist when Facebook first came out and I was telling everyone I knew not to use it (among other things) because it's just a big brother spy system......now everybody knows it and they still use it.....

·
Registered
857 Posts
I do NOT do facebook either, too dam intrusive, just a tricked out web site to gather your data and sell it to whomever pays for it.
I have been very busy and just was able to check in for a bit. Turnes out going on a lon gtrip makes you fall way, way behind in work and I been paying for it for more than 2 months.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm too olde for Facebook.... if there is something there about someone that has died, my wife will usually show it to me lol. I have been away from the forum simply due to lack of time. Damn work, damn kids, damn grandkids....... lol

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,912 Posts
I'm too olde for Facebook.... if there is something there about someone that has died, my wife will usually show it to me lol. I have been away from the forum simply due to lack of time. Damn work, damn kids, damn grandkids....... lol

o wow Danad.. long long time no see.

How ya been? (other than busy busy)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Went back to work to help out my son at his company and they saw fit to make me a Manager...... In Canadian, that means "no days off", "ever"...... lol. Wife likes fancy stuff, I like guns.... all takes money I guess lol. Didn't ride as much as usual this year, very very wet here and the snow came really early. I probably rode my 900 as much as the V2K if you add up all the short jaunts and driving to work... The Queen and I took one long ride thru the mountains this year.... beautiful weather, great trip, fantastic food, nice folks. Got back just before the deluge started and we went 22 days with no breaks in the rain. How about you? Still enjoying the heat and humidity? I liked my time there, always wanted to bring the Queen down to see the gulf area. Someday.....

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,912 Posts
Didn't really ride a lot this year.... again.

Every year I say that, and every year it's the same. I just don't seem to find the time.

I'd ride it to work, but the past 4 years, "they" have been doing heavy construction on almost the entire "route" I take. Just don't want to ride thru that.

And yea.. seems the older and older I get, the less free time I have. Suppose to be the opposite I thought.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Its a great bike, but time to move on selling mine to get a goldwing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure about 240 or what tire, but I believe there is a company that makes a rear fender made to fit a 250 tire
I have it bookmarked on my desktop so can't find it right now as I'm on the road, bu I will look when I get home if you might be interested in that.

I read on here somewhere that you can run a 240/55r16 with no mods,although I don't think or know if you can if you have a trailer hitch. I'm pretty sure I've seen pics in the gallery of bikes with 240's and stock rear fenders

1 - 20 of 24 Posts