Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles is everyone getting on stock Bridgestones tires before they have to change them?

·
Registered
553 Posts
5600 miles and the back one is looking pretty bad. Normal cruise driving. I'm easy on it for the most part. Has worn a pretty good flat spot on the middle. It won't go much past 6K I don't believe. Front is good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well i guess it depends on what you are really looking for, mine has a flat spot in the centre. But does that mean it is time to replace. I dont believe so, it has almost 10k miles and still has a good traction groove and I have not experienced any slipping. I will replace next year probably with another 500 miles to go before snow flies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Voyager Tires

Over 9000 miles on my Voyager tires and they still look pretty good. I'm going to pick up a tire depth gauge at the auto parts store tomorrow and check the tires against the owner's manual. During the trip I only added air one time, a few lbs in each tire.
T-Rex

·
Registered
64 Posts
I found out on my 2007 1500 Classic, the rear tire lasted 10715 miles and not one inch further. I hit a nail and the tire came off the rim. I figured at that point, I might as well go ahead and replace it. I think I could have gone about another 500 miles if it weren't for theose pesky nails in the road. The front tire was cupped out so it got replaced at the same time. Happy riding.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Up here in Canada we seems to get more miles out of the tires I believe as the ambient and pavement temperatures are much lower. My 07 1500 classic has 14000 Km on the OEM 'Stones and I have plenty of center depth left.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When to change tire

Well I am 12,000 miles now and looking like I could go another 4 to 5 thousand on my 2006 Vulcan Classic. I am a 67 year old cautious driver. griffy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts