Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm researching new wheels on my classic lt. I want tubeless tires. Anyone have any suggestions what sites to look on? Thanks

Lpace502
Tennessee

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The short answer is that there are two choices - aftermarket cast wheels (very pricey), or there are processes where sealant is applied to the spoke holes inside stock wheels. If I recall, the latter process is rather involved and the wheels have to be tested to make certain that the sealant has done its job. If not, the tubeless tire naturally has to be demounted. There have been similar questions on this forum - suggest doing a search.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Harley wheels for a 883 sportster can be modded to fit fairly easily, why not use the tubeless wheels offered for the 900? I've seen bunch of them on ebay.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Bearings may be different, but changing the classic for the custom bearings would make it work. The swingarm is the same for all 900 so wheel should swap quite easily.
I put 500 wheels on my 800 with only minor machine work on rear hub.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm running a Custom wheel on my Classic, it's a direct swap. I found mine from a BTK forum member for 125 bucks. I've seen them on Ebay for about the same. The front end is of course different and I'm still running the spokes up there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts